GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for some pointers....

Xler82.0

on how to best access the wastegate linkage on a MK6 R.

Better from the top, underneath, anything that would need to be removed... stuff like that.

Thanks everyone! :w00t::w00t:

Labbatt33

Ready to race!
I don't think there's any way to get at it without removing the turbo. I've tried every way possible including through the passenger side wheel well. I'm assuming you want to tighten the nuts to eliminate the rattle?

Xler82.0

I don't think there's any way to get at it without removing the turbo. I've tried every way possible including through the passenger side wheel well. I'm assuming you want to tighten the nuts to eliminate the rattle?

Bingo! Yes the rattle is killing me:mad0259:

I can't find anything that shows how best to get to the wastegate. If you have to take the turbo out then I would assume you would either have to drop the transmission or remove the entire engine. That seems like a bit much.

Labbatt33

Ready to race!
The turbo is removed from the top of the motor so tranny/block stays in. There are plenty of DIYs on here for turbo swaps.

Just get a loud exhaust and intake to cover up the rattle noise.

Xler82.0

Not a big fan of loud exhausts and intakes. Prefer the stealth approach...

It's so annoying that if I can't get rid of the rattle, I'll get rid of the whole car. And VW doesn't stand behind their product either, which is kind of sad.

Thanks for the tips!