GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video: MK7 vs MK6 APR stage 1

gtiw7

Ready to race!
hello again fellow Mark 6ers :D

there is no doubt that on paper a MK7 is lighter, more powerful & has much more torque than its predecessor...​

people were wondering by how much it is faster in real life?​

I suppose you have alreading watched the stock vs stock video​

for those who missed it Have a look at it here

well, that was long time ago! since then mk6 got an APR Stage 1 tune along with full carbonio intake stage 1+2 which made quite a good gains and I strongly recommend the upgrade for anyone who still has a stock mk6 :thumbsup:

meeh you've read enough already! I'll just cut it straight to the new video​

Stock MK7 vs APR stage 1 MK6

Note: this is the standard 220hp MK7 GTI without performance package... read video description
what do you think? anybody trading in his/her mk6 for mk7? :23:

Last edited:

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
hello again fellow Mark 6ers :D

there is no doubt that on paper a MK7 is lighter, more powerful & has much more torque than its predecessor...​

people were wondering by how much it is faster in real life?​

I suppose you have alreading watched the stock vs stock video​

for those who missed it have a look at it here

well, that was long time ago! since then mk6 got an APR Stage 1 tune along with full carbonio intake stage 1+2 which made quite a good gains and I strongly recommend the upgrade for anyone who still has a stock mk6 :thumbsup:

meeh you've read enough already! I'll just cut it straight to the new video​

Note: this is the standard 220hp MK7 GTI without performance package... read video description
what do you think? anybody trading in his/her mk6 for mk7? :23:

Really surprised how the MK7 obviously had a better top end even on stock software. Turbo must be bigger than the IHI in the MK6.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Or the weight difference is significant enough. Maybe gearing as well?

sent from GS4 using tapatalk

Artysta

Ready to race!
Can't wait to pick up my mk7 gti. Looks like I won't notice too much of a difference from my mk6 stage 1. Were these both dsg or manual?

BlueEwok1

Banned
Please keep in mind these are not US spec mk6 and mk7. Mk7 tunes would be the only thing i might be jealous of but only time will tell. New car prices are ridiculous, more than fine with my mk6 and aftermarket/forum support.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
yes both are DSG, I believe better top end in the mk7 is due to different gear ratios, the weight reduction should also help.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
My guess is aerodynamics improvements manifest themselves at the very top end of the speeds. Most data I could find shows a 10% reduction in drag for mk7 over mk6. At 130+ mph, that will make the biggest difference, since drag is a function of velocity cubed.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Mk7 tunes would be the only thing i might be jealous of but only time will tell.

APR just posted on their FB page yesterday that they are working on tuning the Mk7 GTI motor, and preliminary numbers are at 300hp with just stage 1... and they aren't done yet. :thumbsup:

And direct port tuning to boot! No more bench flash.

DowneyTDI

Ready to race!
APR just posted on their FB page yesterday that they are working on tuning the Mk7 GTI motor, and preliminary numbers are at 300hp with just stage 1... and they aren't done yet. :thumbsup:

And direct port tuning to boot! No more bench flash.

I also saw that. Very impressive for stage 1.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Looks about right...

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
My guess is aerodynamics improvements manifest themselves at the very top end of the speeds. Most data I could find shows a 10% reduction in drag for mk7 over mk6. At 130+ mph, that will make the biggest difference, since drag is a function of velocity cubed.

This. It's why those pesky Prii are so damn quick.