GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: APR K04 Kit, APR RSC Turbo Back for GTI

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're going to get a lot of flack for those prices. You can buy a K04 new for $1700. Used turbos require tuning also and it's not free. I think APR charges like $500 for tuning. Not sure about the other tuners though. Also, that APR exhaust was the topic of much criticism and controversy regarding materials and construction. Pics of the markings on it might help it sell for more quicker.

itzsleepy

Go Kart Newbie
I been eyeing this turbo for a while and watching this post since my friend message him about the tbe. I wanted to put an offer for the turbo but didn't want to offend him. Glad that someone put it out there that a new Ko4 could be had for $1700. I think HPA sells them now for $1500.

OP, if you drop the price significantly, let me know.

Uberryan

Banned
I been eyeing this turbo for a while and watching this post since my friend message him about the tbe. I wanted to put an offer for the turbo but didn't want to offend him. Glad that someone put it out there that a new Ko4 could be had for $1700. I think HPA sells them now for $1500.

Pretty sure HPA sells just the turbo for the $1500 price. You still need a manifold for it to bolt on, which sets you back another $800 roughly.

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/product_k04.html

itzsleepy

Go Kart Newbie
Pretty sure HPA sells just the turbo for the $1500 price. You still need a manifold for it to bolt on, which sets you back another $800 roughly.

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/product_k04.html

The manifold your referring to is the intake manifold on their website. The exhaust manifold is a single piece that is mounted to the Ko4 turbo like how the v band clamps work for the exhaust system. I been doing a lot of research and HPA Ko4 turbos are just like the APR where they modify the Borg/Warner turbos to fit with our TSI motors and have the diverter valve port. If I am wrong, I am sorry, still doing my research on these but that is what I am taking for everything I am reading.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
thank you for sending the pics with username. Im sure that will put more people at ease when it comes to discussing purchase from you.

If your friend is willing to come down im sure the k04 kit will sell marketed around $1500 and im sure the exhaust will sell marketed near $850.

Just my 2 cents though. As others have stated the new buyer will need a tune at the minimum to go with the k04 which cost between $500-$900 and new k04 kits are sold with tunes around $2500

So if you can drop prices im sure you will be able to sell these within a month.

s3pang

thank you for sending the pics with username. Im sure that will put more people at ease when it comes to discussing purchase from you.

If your friend is willing to come down im sure the k04 kit will sell marketed around $1500 and im sure the exhaust will sell marketed near $850.

Just my 2 cents though. As others have stated the new buyer will need a tune at the minimum to go with the k04 which cost between $500-$900 and new k04 kits are sold with tunes around $2500

So if you can drop prices im sure you will be able to sell these within a month.

Thank you for the info! I've been working on him, especially with the exhaust, since I know the whole story with APR.

Just an update, turbo is pending sale!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The prices you are asking arent horrible just will sit until you find a motivated buyer. If you guys were really wanting to unload them then i would suggest closer to the prices i suggested. Anyways

Good luck with the sales.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion

HPA may sell them for that price but what you are getting isn't a oem borg warner ko4 they are using their "own" ko4s. There was a big deal made about this during there black friday sales

dead_catz

Ready to race!
HPA k04 prices aside, a new APR k04 can be had for 2400 with software, map sensor and install kit.

at 1800+500 for software and +50 for install kit? your spending 2350 for a used k04 with no warranty. I also am interested if there is a significant price drop involved.