GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2015 code

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Take it to the dealer. Do more research to see that it's a common problem and covered under warranty until 120k miles. /thread

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
The P2015 code popped up for me recently like the day after going Stage 2. It was also a hidden code before that at times, but it is now triggering the CEL.

The problem with this code is that it can be triggered by failure of the position sensor, so using that ECS product may not prevent or fix the trouble code, because it only protects against one of the failure modes.

My actuator arm isn't broken, and car doesn't seem to have any issues related to boost/vac leaks that the broken actuator arm can cause, aside from a weird cold start surging effect that happens within the first 30 seconds of a cold start.

If you want to throw $50 at the problem to probably not solve it unless you are exhibiting that specific failure mode, go for it, but I'm totally with you that it is quite annoying. This is already a replacement intake manifold for me (first one went at 45k miles), and I'm now at 149k so even the extended warranty doesn't cover me anymore. Guh.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I have a 2013, does that mean it isn’t covered?

Yes I'm trying to find the specific TSB PDF again, but IIRC after 13 is not covered. You can call VWOA or the Dealer to confirm and tell them you have the p2015 code and give them your VIN. They will tell you if you are eligible.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Yes I'm trying to find the specific TSB PDF again, but IIRC after 13 is not covered. You can call VWOA or the Dealer to confirm and tell them you have the p2015 code and give them your VIN. They will tell you if you are eligible.
that's odd... i thought 2013's were covered?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
that's odd... i thought 2013's were covered?

This is the latest one I can find.

https://testing-public.carmd.com/Tsb/Download/110779/V241505

Its funny because the 13+ could still get same issues with the p2015s, and newest revision with the updated flapper arm wasn't even released until last year. Idk maybe the number crunchers over at VW could get away with not justifying the warranty extension because those years never reached a certain threshold in failures. You can always contact VWOA with your VIN and they will tell you everything your car qualifies for.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
You can always contact VWOA with your VIN and they will tell you everything your car qualifies for.

They don't make their email address easy to find... anyone have it?