GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake light error

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys and gals, while driving today I randomly got a light out error on my speedo come up. It said check third brake light I figured I'd check it out later but when I checked nothing is wrong with it. After restarting the car error light went out figured it was probably just an error with the ecu or something. But then it came on again with a little bit of driving. This happened a few times don't really know what to do all my lights are working and I don't have the vag comm dongle to check out the code or reset it. Anyone else experiencing issues like this and have a solution? Not under warranty and my car is completely stock haven't moded it yet.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Is it a "bulb-out" error or the "BRAKE" error that showed up? If it's the latter, you might want to check your brakes and brake fluid level.

Gauge85

Ready to race!
Third brake light LEDs could be going. I had the light out error come up a few times with my lights still working before they stopped completely. Now, even with the LEDs for sure not working, it takes a few minutes of driving before I actually get the light out error.

Hey guys and gals, while driving today I randomly got a light out error on my speedo come up. It said check third brake light I figured I'd check it out later but when I checked nothing is wrong with it. After restarting the car error light went out figured it was probably just an error with the ecu or something. But then it came on again with a little bit of driving. This happened a few times don't really know what to do all my lights are working and I don't have the vag comm dongle to check out the code or reset it. Anyone else experiencing issues like this and have a solution? Not under warranty and my car is completely stock haven't moded it yet.

a bulb went out. you need to check every light (exterior to interior as well as check the fuses). its not the 3rd brake light those are leds... (no"bulbs")

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
See if your dealer does free bulb installation if you buy the bulb from them ? They will scan the code and tell you what bulb...

Via Tapatalk