GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New VAG ECM Patch Releaased 11_11

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Curious to find out on Unitronic's end as well. I like to keep my car as up to date as possible.

But, I'll definitely wait until Unitronic releases their patch for this VAG update before I head to the dealer.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't the notice say:
"Please note that if the ECM in your vehicle has been "chipped," "tuned," or otherwise modified from original factory specifications with aftermarket components and/or software, work needed to repair, replace or return the ECM to original factory specifications is NOT covered under this action"

What would be the extra work needed to overwrite the tune from APR? Any ideas if there would be an extra charge from the dealership?

I couldn't see how it would make a difference. Wouldn't overwriting be the same whether it's chipped or not?

I certainly don't want to be charged extra because I'm tuned.

Wideopentuning

Ready to race!
So far I haven't seen anyone charged for this update due to being tuned and there was no problem for the dealer flashing the update on the tuned ECU. The tune was simply overwritten.

Last edited:

justsomeguy

Passed Driver's Ed
"Please note that if the ECM in your vehicle has been "chipped," "tuned," or otherwise modified from original factory specifications with aftermarket components and/or software, work needed to repair, replace or return the ECM to original factory specifications is NOT covered under this action"
This is an odd and general disclaimer from VAG legal I would say. Perhaps they are concerned if they "brick" your ECM when flashing one with a tune, or, there are other problems.....don't try to blame VAG. Looks like they want to make that clear.

What is this though - "modified from original factory specifications with aftermarket components and/or software" Would that be DV relocation, downpipe, etc?

...butch

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Anybody that's gotten it, did any of you get it without flashing back to stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hopefully some folks can chime in on this. Do we know exactly what this flash fixes?

I would laugh if it was a patch related for emissions as well. hah.

@Unitronics.. is there an update? Just post and tell us. Otherwise I'll goto Orlando and have GIAC flashed @ Forge motorsports.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I would have hoped that APR would have their updated Stage 1 file ready in time.
Then a trip to the dealer for the overwrite and then to my APR dealer for the updated Stage 1 re-installed.
Otherwise, rather than pay the labour twice, If I knew how long away the APR update is I would stay stock until it was ready and then do the re-flash.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
hopefully some folks can chime in on this. Do we know exactly what this flash fixes?

I would laugh if it was a patch related for emissions as well. hah.

@Unitronics.. is there an update? Just post and tell us. Otherwise I'll goto Orlando and have GIAC flashed @ Forge motorsports.

Well from the video it seems to be helping cars with long crank and maybe LPFP related? Seems exactly what I need which is why I really want this update before I start fixing random stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same would apply as im on edge to replace my LPFP. I guess they KNEW the LPFP would fail???

Its like soon as magic 60k miles hit, the car knows its out of warranty (programmed into ECU?) and then start having random issues; or suddenly a wild hot fix patch comes out from VW for fuel related issues

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
@Unitronic.. is there an update? Just post and tell us.

There is an update from Volkswagen® that's affecting a ton of ECU box codes in the MK6 GTI platforms in the NAR. We are working on having Performance Software compiled for the latest ECU revisions. If you have any questions about whether your ECU was updated and/or if we have Performance Software available for it, please email me at john [at] unitronic [dot] ca, or post a screenshot of your ECU ID and Rev# here.

yuev87

I just got this update done today. I was having long crank issues in the mornings when the engine was cold but it didn't happen this afternoon when it was a pretty cool 50 degrees. I'll post an update tomorrow morning when I start it in the morning. It's supposed to be around 35 in the morning.

There is a noticeable difference in how smooth the car is at low RPMs. I've only had my car for about a month but I've always noticed now difficult it was too get a smooth start in 1st great without revving the engine a bit before letting out the clutch. My last car was a BMW 540i and I used to be able to take off in 1st right from idle, so the GTI was a bit of an adjustment.

Midrange seems to be a little punchier but it's a small enough difference that I could attribute it to placebo effect.

The whole service including a 4 wheel alignment at the dealership room about 4 hours (including them checking over some little things that were bothering me) and I didn't pay a penny for the ECM update.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

yuev87

Why would you have expected to pay anything on a manufacturer's recall?
I wasn't expecting to. I was simply stating a fact. There were no hiccups or anything else that the dealership might have tried to charge me for.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk