GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear foglight coding

kaczor

Not to beat a dead horse here or anything, but I’m stuck and need some help here.

Can CarniifeX please confirm the coding on his car?

I did exactly as kiyoshi147 on my 2012 GTI with OEM xenon headlamps with LED DRL’s and LED taillamps with rear fog. My problem being that with the euro switch in the park position, the low beams and LED’s turn on, and I am unable to switch neither the front nor rear fogs on unless the switch is in the on position. I’ve tried various codes for Byte 18 with no better results. Those codes being 04, 15, 43, 44, and 3F.

With the switch in the park position, I’d like to be able to switch on both the front and rear fogs without the low beams turning on, just the LED DRL’s.

The only thing I haven’t done (but kinda sorta tried) was coding the instrument cluster to 10 RoW. I didn’t really explore the instrument cluster after coding it to RoW but it seemed as though it didn’t have any positive effects towards my cause.

kaczor

Ok so since no one here could be helpful, I figured I’d post my findings so anyone out there that cares.

After about a week of pulling my hair out with coding and wiring, trying to figure out why this wasn’t working out for me, I came across this thread.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/euroswitch-installation-mk6-vw-golf-gti-and-sportwagen/

In this DIY thread lies a pinout for the euro switch. After considering the fact that maybe the switch I ordered from ECS was no bueno, I did the resistance checks as noted in the thread. Sure enough, the check between pins 8 and 3 were showing as open. Weird I thought. So I took it upon myself to order a new switch from my local dealership. Same part number, but about double the price. Weird because the switch I bought from ECS was noted as OEM. Sure enough though, the new switch from the dealership checked out as according to the DIY thread. Plugged in the switch, and now all is working properly.

So there ya go, for anyone that gives a rats ass that is.