GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R for a day: dealer loaner....

kefka888

Not so great driving dynamics and a VERY expensive price is what really hurt R-model sales. I remember all of the fanbois claiming that all 5000 R's would be sold before they were even loaded on the boats. $36K is a boat load of money for a car that's only marginally better than a GTI (in some ways). For the same money, and in some instances for less, you could find a much more enjoyable car for $36K. Many dealers still have new R's on the lot - my local dealer has at least one.

The K04, AWD system and better looking grille/LED lights IMO, make it worth the 3k more I paid over the autobahn

Cevin1

Ready to race!
Not so great driving dynamics and a VERY expensive price is what really hurt R-model sales. I remember all of the fanbois claiming that all 5000 R's would be sold before they were even loaded on the boats. $36K is a boat load of money for a car that's only marginally better than a GTI (in some ways). For the same money, and in some instances for less, you could find a much more enjoyable car for $36K. Many dealers still have new R's on the lot - my local dealer has at least one.

Lulz, marginally better? Drive a stage 2+ R and a stage 2+ Gti and tell me how much the difference is

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Lulz, marginally better? Drive a stage 2+ R and a stage 2+ Gti and tell me how much the difference is

Agreed. Stock for stock, I think it's fair to say the R doesn't have a massive edge over the GTI but when tuned, it ain't even fair. I drag raced a Stage 2 R and that thing was so freaking quick off the line.