GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running the VWR cup kit?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Geez, for $700....why not get (adjustable) Konis and the VWR springs or other springs

That's creeping up into coilover territory as well, btw

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Because a set of yellows and VWR springs for the Golf R would cost close to $900, and I'm not interested in coilovers, especially not cheap ones.

v.b

Ready to race!
Geez, for $700....why not get (adjustable) Konis and the VWR springs or other springs

That's creeping up into coilover territory as well, btw

I figure why not give it a try. VWR springs and Koni yellows would probably cost around the same, and its such a pain to adjust rear shocks on this platform that it's not even worth the hassle.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I guess I should have known this was going to happen.

I'm not asking which shocks I should buy; I know what's out there, I know what it all costs, and I know the quality of most of it. I'm asking if anyone has experience with this particular set. If you're going to come with 'why not this other brand', then don't reply. This isn't that kind of question.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
If you're going to come with 'why not this other brand', then don't reply. This isn't that kind of question.

:rolleyes:

That's what happens when you ask a question about something not many people have experience with.

This

Haven't seen ANYONE running them.
If the OP wants to be the guinea pig, go right ahead.

My point was that the Konis are tried and true (or even Bilsteins if you want to track/more performance), but carry on and try something new and let us know how it goes

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Ive yet to see a real bad VWR(RacingLine now) product. Most people just tend to stay away from them due to the excessive price tag.

I know their mounts get high praise.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
That's what happens when you ask a question about something not many people have experience with.

It happens pretty much any time you ask any question on the internet. Some people have a hard time coloring inside the lines.

lilonespaz said:
Ive yet to see a real bad VWR(RacingLine now) product. Most people just tend to stay away from them due to the excessive price tag.

I know their mounts get high praise.

True. Seems like all the shocks for the R are roughly the same price, so that's pretty much a wash. This kit caught my eye because the shocks by themselves are $550, so you get the springs for $150. Seems like a good option if the quality is there.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It happens pretty much any time you ask any question on the internet. Some people have a hard time coloring inside the lines.

True. Seems like all the shocks for the R are roughly the same price, so that's pretty much a wash. This kit caught my eye because the shocks by themselves are $550, so you get the springs for $150. Seems like a good option if the quality is there.

If i had the money i would buy their products. They have always in my opinion had good products. In fact im trying to save for their engine and transmission mount. I hear they are one of the best from what i read. Sure 034 and them have good stuff but most people who actually shell out for VWR have not complained and only praised the mounts for what i have seen.

I wouldnt hesitate to buy them if i had the money (same goes for cup kit)

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I ended up with Koni FSD shocks and VWR springs. I think a few guys over on the vortex R forum got the VWR kit, you might want to check over there.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
I ended up with Koni FSD shocks and VWR springs. I think a few guys over on the vortex R forum got the VWR kit, you might want to check over there.

How do you like that setup ? Is it adjustable for dampening? I looked on the vortex but still couldn't find much relating to the cup kit from vwr.