GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

f23t misfires

nevekd128

Ready to race!
My f23t gets misfires only at 6k rpm and gives a sensation that it hits a rev limiter. It only happens in 3rd or 4th gear.

Im running a TT tuning catted down pipe (2.5in 400 cell). I considered trying a 3in catless downpipe, but im not sure if that would cure the issue

I recently replaced my hpfp about 500 miles ago
New plugs gapped to .026
Fresh 93 gas
R8 coil packs

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
My f23t gets misfires only at 6k rpm and gives a sensation that it hits a rev limiter. It only happens in 3rd or 4th gear.

Im running a TT tuning catted down pipe (2.5in 400 cell). I considered trying a 3in catless downpipe, but im not sure if that would cure the issue

I recently replaced my hpfp about 500 miles ago
New plugs gapped to .026
Fresh 93 gas
R8 coil packs

Do you have a way to take logs? The easy answers are reduce gap to 0.024", clean your MAF (can help occasional misfires but yours sounds more than occasional).

If that doesn't do it, it could be exhaust valve float. Read through this thread for more info. Going to a catless downpipe would reduce exhaust back pressure so it may actually help against valve float. But if you check the markings on your valve springs like in that thread, it may only help for a little while, since it isn't solving the actual valve spring problem.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
What’s your tune?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm on United motorsports, but I'm suspecting an issue with the o2 sensor or maybe fuel pump since my mileage didn't improve after getting doing my carbon cleaning, and have a previous rich code. Who know though man? These are the only cars where you have to replace everything before they are reliable.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Above you said you have misfires. So do you have misfires or not? I would not consider it good. Is it driveable sure, but not ideal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Above you said you have misfires. So do you have misfires or not? I would not consider it good. Is it driveable sure, but not ideal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am not running that plug right now... I said when I had my f23 that's what I ran, and, at that gap.

My next step will be to try that plug again since typical NGK may not be getting it done.

nevekd128

Ready to race!
I will try opening up that gap a little bit. My hpfp is a new one unit as of 500 miles ago. And I’ve cleaned my primary 02 sensor and maf recently too

Last edited: