GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011-2014 Water Pump Recall Incoming

Locke

Ready to race!
My 2014 is now covered under this service campaign. A month ago it wasn't listed.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
My 2014 is now covered under this service campaign. A month ago it wasn't listed.
weird that no 2013s have been included yet?

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
so really, this is only beneficial to those out of powertrain warranty? How is this any different from the standard 5yr/60k powertrain warranty?

Service action is live up til 2018. So wait it out til it fails then have it replaced under the service action. Those who go in willingly without a problem are dummies.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Yea, still nothing either

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Just had a chat with vw customer service online. If you have previously paid for this service out of pocket you can submit a copy of the repair order and proof of payment for reimbursement.

They said just send that stuff to vwcustomercare@vw.com and they will get it taken care of.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
interesting...does that mean if we don't want to go to the dealer we could do to an independent mechanic, get them to replace the water pump and get reimbursed?

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
interesting...does that mean if we don't want to go to the dealer we could do to an independent mechanic, get them to replace the water pump and get reimbursed?

You probably could, but why not go to the dealer who offers as 12 month/12,000 mile warranty on parts and labor. If you go to an indy you'll have just the parts warranty and be responsible for labor all over again if it fails.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Service action is live up til 2018. So wait it out til it fails then have it replaced under the service action. Those who go in willingly without a problem are dummies.

So is this different than like the intake manifold extension to 120k miles?

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I don't think anyone is stupid if they do it now rather than later. We all make different choices.

While at the dealer for an oil change today I was told my 2013 falls under the water pump campaign. I elected not to do it at this time since it isn't leaking. I will have them do it at a later date.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I don't think anyone is stupid if they do it now rather than later. We all make different choices.

While at the dealer for an oil change today I was told my 2013 falls under the water pump campaign. I elected not to do it at this time since it isn't leaking. I will have them do it at a later date.
1st 2013 I've heard that fell under this service campaign. Have you checked your vin here? http://www.vw.com/content/vwcom/en/owners-recalls.html

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
My 2011 didn't show up the first time it was up and it still doesn't show up now.