GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANYONE IN NORTH CAROLINA

blackrose3050

Durham here. Are any of the dealerships in the area around me mod friendly?

I know that South Charlotte is mod friendly, but I would prefer to go to a dealership that's closer to me. I've seen mentions of the Leith dealerships in Cary and Raleigh being mod friendly, but that information is several years old.

I have a stage 1 ECU tune and my car just threw a p2015 code (intake manifold failure). I would like to get this repair covered under the extended warranty (I'm at about 110k and VW extended the warranty on the intake manifold to 120k) and wanted to find out if I need to revert to stock before taking it in to get work done.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Durham here. Are any of the dealerships in the area around me mod friendly?

I know that South Charlotte is mod friendly, but I would prefer to go to a dealership that's closer to me. I've seen mentions of the Leith dealerships in Cary and Raleigh being mod friendly, but that information is several years old.

I have a stage 1 ECU tune and my car just threw a p2015 code (intake manifold failure). I would like to get this repair covered under the extended warranty (I'm at about 110k and VW extended the warranty on the intake manifold to 120k) and wanted to find out if I need to revert to stock before taking it in to get work done.

I know it's a hike, but I'll gladly get it done.

CarolinaGTI1

Anyone in the Charlotte area looking to get rid of their dp? I'm looking to go stage 2 in the very near future and it seems everyone selling their's is located on the other side of the country.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Anyone in the Charlotte area looking to get rid of their dp? I'm looking to go stage 2 in the very near future and it seems everyone selling their's is located on the other side of the country.

Give me a day, I know of a few...

Maloneyy

Give me a day, I know of a few...

I think I saw your car in the parking lot at VW South Charlotte when I picked my new car up last week. 'Twas dope.

I'm in the Charlotte area, relatively new to this forum as I just got my Mk6 GTI last thursday from VW of South Charlotte. I live in Rock Hill SC but work in NC. Super ready to get started doing stuff to my car! Just need to get the money first.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
I think I saw your car in the parking lot at VW South Charlotte when I picked my new car up last week. 'Twas dope.

I'm in the Charlotte area, relatively new to this forum as I just got my Mk6 GTI last thursday from VW of South Charlotte. I live in Rock Hill SC but work in NC. Super ready to get started doing stuff to my car! Just need to get the money first.

Congrats on the Gti, and thanks!

Surprisingly everyone I knew with a downpipe, already sold them.

Maloneyy

Any local Charlotte guys have a line on a good powder coat shop? Looking to get a set of wheels done....

One of my buddies work at a place in Lancaster SC if you don't mind a roughly an hour drive. They do a lot of stuff for bigger places and can do wheels, cages, anything really. If you want, I can get you more info on it and possibly prices. I'm sure they vary on what powder you use with color and stages.

Also Paul at http://ewheelworks.us/, he does superb work from what I see on his Facebook page. You really wont go wrong with him if you don't mind spending the money

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'm more active on the mk7 forum, but I previously owned 3 mk6. I do installs and custom exhaust fabrication if anyone's interested. Work in Charlotte as an aircraft mechanic, live in Clover, SC