GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tx law and tinting

archetypaul

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/Misc/faq/tint.htm

Unless i just don't understand the language, it seems to contradict itself. it states: "Section 547.613 also makes it a misdemeanor for any person to apply any material (including a sunscreening device) that changes the color or reduces the light transmission of any vehicle window."

Then it goes on to talk about how dark/reflective "sunscreening devices" (i.e. tint) can be.

So.. i assume it's legal to tint above 25% tint and reflectivity but the misdemeanor part is old or i'm not reading it right?

Followup question: any trusted places in houston/dallas to get a tint? How long does a tint job usually take?

thanks.

s2kguy

Ready to race!
Nothing darker than 25% for the two front side windows. No limit on how dark other windows are as long as the vehicle has side mirrors.

Maximo

Passed Driver's Ed
In El Paso i got my car tinted at the dealer and they did an amazing job, i guess they have a guy come in and do it for all their cars. My car is black and i said as dark as possible with still being legal, dont know the numbers on it.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
In El Paso i got my car tinted at the dealer and they did an amazing job, i guess they have a guy come in and do it for all their cars. My car is black and i said as dark as possible with still being legal, dont know the numbers on it.

Fellow Dubber in the area? :w00t:

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion

Same here, they did 30/5 tint on mine.

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
Frisco tint. 4681 Ohio Dr Ste 102 - Frisco, TX

Theres also a 10% off coupon on their website

Last edited:

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
Just found Frisco Tint on Google...right near my work. Thanks for that. So, you were happy with their work?

Yup. Although I was wanting it darker, they got it as dark as they legally could. Do you live nearby? I'm over off coit. Are you on any local forums by chance?

onomatopoeia

Passed Driver's Ed
I live in Little Elm. I'm not aware of any local forums. Just stop by here every couple days to keep up with GTI news.

Joker GTI

Ready to race!
I got my tint done in Houston at Carro Racing f 25% r 5%... lifetime warranty