GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 vs Evo IX

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
How much is 100 octane around you guys? It's nearly $15 a gallon at my local station

$8.98 a gallon for 101 at my local station. I thought that was high, but $15 is nuts...

with my car?

:lol: I don't even know, his comment confused me too.

Svtpony

Ready to race!
You guys are lucky. It was $78.xx for pre packaged 5 gallons. Or $14.85 per gallon. It's VP racing fuel. It used to be cheaper a few years back somewhere around $7-8 a gallon. How depressing :(

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
how's his shifting? The IX could run a 13.3-13.5 stock and adding just a few things makes them pretty fast (yes I owned one). I don't think you will be able to take him, but if his shifting sucks and yours is better, or you have DSG your chances increase greatly.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I've raced an Evo 8 and 10. Managed to beat both. Beat the 8 by a car and 1/4 and beat the 10 by half a car.

You should be good. ;)

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
So it doesn't seem like this race will be happening anytime soon. His POS evo is in the shop. And while it's in there he's already ordering a list of parts. It won't be any fun for me once that thing is done. I begged him to race me before he gets work done but apparently his car is running extremely lean. I called him a puss. He's scared of DAS FRWONT VEAL DRIVEE TURBOH

His car is running extremely lean means he may blow the motor....better safe than sorry.

Vasher

Passed Driver's Ed
You guys are lucky. It was $78.xx for pre packaged 5 gallons. Or $14.85 per gallon. It's VP racing fuel. It used to be cheaper a few years back somewhere around $7-8 a gallon. How depressing :(

Ouch! You're getting burned. VP 100 is between $8.90-$9.25 per gallon here in the valley. I usually do a mix to get 93-95 (no 100 tune yet).

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
Depends, 4G63's can be finiky without a tune.

Uh, no. Stock tunes on dsms through evo 9s are rock solid, and are conservative enough to toss on a MBC and make a decent amount more power before needing a tune.

Get stage 3 Gtx on 100 oct. 4g63 in evo can make 400whp stick turbo.
More actually. A friend of mine made around 450whp on a stock turbo. Albeit, he had a good deal of head work done, and was on E-85, and high compression 2.4L. The stock turbo is quite capable of high power, but it suffers the same fate of all small turbos, a small power band.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Uh, no. Stock tunes on dsms through evo 9s are rock solid, and are conservative enough to toss on a MBC and make a decent amount more power before needing a tune.

More actually. A friend of mine made around 450whp on a stock turbo. Albeit, he had a good deal of head work done, and was on E-85, and high compression 2.4L. The stock turbo is quite capable of high power, but it suffers the same fate of all small turbos, a small power band.

THIS^^^ I forgot to add that he's right that the Evo VIII and IX run rich, you can put drop in, LICP, and TBE on the car on stock tune and be perfectly fine.

My brother in laws 8 made 330/330 on a mustang dyno on a stock turbo on 93. He also ran a 12.0 flat on crappy street tires and spun through 1st and part of second.

Yeah, I don't think a lot of people here really know that the Evo is a very fast car with more potential than ours. Wish I would have kept my IX RS :( Would be worth some cash now.

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
THIS^^^ I forgot to add that he's right that the Evo VIII and IX run rich, you can put drop in, LICP, and TBE on the car on stock tune and be perfectly fine.

My brother in laws 8 made 330/330 on a mustang dyno on a stock turbo on 93. He also ran a 12.0 flat on crappy street tires and spun through 1st and part of second.

Yeah, I don't think a lot of people here really know that the Evo is a very fast car with more potential than ours. Wish I would have kept my IX RS :( Would be worth some cash now.

Rich is an understatement. 55% fuel enrichment in the highest airflow curve on dsms, possibly more on EVOs. Factory is something like 9.5:1 afr.