GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI BOSER?!?!?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
hells yeah. do you have a guide/diy source for removing the rear bumper?

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
hells yeah. do you have a guide/diy source for removing the rear bumper?
I don't but it's pretty easy. You'll wanna remove the outer tail lights, some screws out of the splash shields that connect to the bumper and there are two screws that connect to tabs underneath the car. There are also two tabs that the diffuser connects to on the car so you'll wanna make sure all four are taken out. I havent had splash shields in years so I don't remember how involved the wheel wells are anymore lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Better pics after it dried

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

The GTI will finally be able to rest in doors from now on. A few friends and myself will be splitting this storage unit for the time being. One friend has a 2 post lift and a tig welder he will be installing as well.

This means CARBON FIBER TIME!!!

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Got more air bits, gotta order more air bits [emoji2357]

Now with the second exo ring I can route the center 1/4inch hole on the bottom through the floor and put my water trap finally. This time around the underneath portion will be much much cleaner looking thanks to finally installing some bulkhead fittings to route the air line from the bags into the hatch and a shit ton of fittings so I can still put my spare tire in [emoji123]

smanierre

Autocross Champion
They're on!!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190304/b949fe596f7d2bf35c0025de48f7da85.jpg[IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Gotta fix that closing image tag [emoji6]
Edit: it fixed.

Also, does it matter which way the vanes/holes face? I always thought they were supposed to face backwards.
Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
What are you using to shave the reflectors?
Piece of plastic from a donor bumper

Cosmo, I've been following your posts for awhile and amazing progress + updates. I have a question on your method for shaving items like the reflectors, side markers, etc. Do you take plastic from a donor bumper and simply epoxy it in from the back side? I know there are plenty of companies that make epoxy for this type of job (SEM, 3M, Norton, etc) but I'm wondering if you also plastic weld or otherwise reinforce the shaved area before body filler?

Thanks for the inspiration--Largely due to you I've acquired a spare front/rear bumper and hood that I'm going to work on!

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I had a few spots shaved on my mkv front bumper. He plastic welded donor pieces in place, applied a reinforcing mesh to the back side, and smoothed over the front side with 3M TPO plastic parts repair. End result is all plastic, no body filler. Came out amazing.

zrickety

The Fixer
I love those wheels...

Some kind of wide body on the doors would take this to the next level.

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Gotta fix that closing image tag [emoji6]
Edit: it fixed.

Also, does it matter which way the vanes/holes face? I always thought they were supposed to face backwards.
Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Not necessarily. It all depends on how the brake is setup to cool in the center. Rolloface designed these to flow this way is all.
Cosmo, I've been following your posts for awhile and amazing progress + updates. I have a question on your method for shaving items like the reflectors, side markers, etc. Do you take plastic from a donor bumper and simply epoxy it in from the back side? I know there are plenty of companies that make epoxy for this type of job (SEM, 3M, Norton, etc) but I'm wondering if you also plastic weld or otherwise reinforce the shaved area before body filler?

Thanks for the inspiration--Largely due to you I've acquired a spare front/rear bumper and hood that I'm going to work on!
Yep just cut out the piece of plastic from the donor as close to the same shape and glue it in place!
I had a few spots shaved on my mkv front bumper. He plastic welded donor pieces in place, applied a reinforcing mesh to the back side, and smoothed over the front side with 3M TPO plastic parts repair. End result is all plastic, no body filler. Came out amazing.

Exactly! I've been using PLIOGRIP since my body shop buddy loves it and that's all I use
I love those wheels...

Some kind of wide body on the doors would take this to the next level.
I'd love to but there are some issues associated with doing that. Mainly the door jam toward the rear quarter. It's stamped in the current shape and cutting/welding (lots of heat) can distort the shape of it and you can end up with a ton of issues immediately and/or later on so that's why I scraped the idea of the rear doors being widened.