GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Tuning advice!

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
For you dsg guys out there. I’m thinking about going with a custom stratified ecu tune soon but right now my dsg tcu tune is stock. Is it needed to tune your tcu if you go with a custom tune like stratified due to the higher torque values.

PS: I’m Cobb ots 93 stage 2 with stock tcu right now and haven’t noticed my dsg acting abnormally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Its not necessary. Theres people running K04 and higher on stock DSG tunes. It does help a lot though I recommend it.

Would running the stock dsg tune enduce damage on transmission if i was to go with a stratified ecu tune?

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
When I installed my k04 I ran the stock tcu tune for 6 months and thought I didn’t need a tcu tune. But then I got the itch and for the past 7 months I’ve been running a k04 specific tcu tune. Hands down the tcu tune woke up the car and made the driving experience way more enjoyable putting you in the right gear at all times vs the stock tcu always hunting for the highest gear. Man I don’t miss that at all lol!!!

zrickety

The Fixer
You don't need the TCU tune, but if you want to get the most out of the car do your own shifts with manual mode (M). More control, you can stay in the power band, more satisfying.

dtdomination

Passed Driver's Ed
I ran a Stratified tune with a stock DSG and within a few months, there was heavy stalling in reverse plus increasingly loud clunking noises every shift. Local performance shop recommended deloading the tune asap. Had customer service problems with Stratified since the beginning so I doubt they'll respond to my emails. Definitely recommend a TCU tune if you want peace of mind

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
You don't need the TCU tune, but if you want to get the most out of the car do your own shifts with manual mode (M). More control, you can stay in the power band, more satisfying.

That makes sense, whenever I’m driving passionately i throw it in manual mode anyways.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
I ran a Stratified tune with a stock DSG and within a few months, there was heavy stalling in reverse plus increasingly loud clunking noises every shift. Local performance shop recommended deloading the tune asap. Had customer service problems with Stratified since the beginning so I doubt they'll respond to my emails. Definitely recommend a TCU tune if you want peace of mind

Damn man, what did you end up going with tuning wise with your tcu and ecu after your bad experience with stratified

dtdomination

Passed Driver's Ed
I detuned the Stratified protune immediately after the recommendation and haven't reloaded it. Running a gentle Cobb tune but am selling my accessport and mods all together. Worried that the trans won't respond well to further tuning and have been looking to upgrade out of the MK6 life anyway. Disappointing

dtdomination

Passed Driver's Ed
It happens. I loved the tune when everything was going good though lol. I'd say go for it, maybe my experience was a fluke. Just be extra aware

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
It happens. I loved the tune when everything was going good though lol. I'd say go for it, maybe my experience was a fluke. Just be extra aware

Sweet well thank you man! Maybe service my dsg every 20k mikes instead of 40k if i choose not to get a dsg tune for now but go with the stratified ecu tune

Legendary420

No fluke haha, i got the tune with my mk6 and after I got back from a road trip I started to hear a hollow sounding knock from the right side. It goes away sometimes but usually hear it when slowing down. And what sucks the most is that my ac was stolen and I'm stuck with the tune on. Any suggestions? Lmao

Legendary420

No fluke haha, i got the tune with my mk6 and after I got back from a road trip I started to hear a hollow sounding knock from the right side. It goes away sometimes but usually hear it when slowing down. And what sucks the most is that my ac was stolen and I'm stuck with the tune on. Any suggestions? Lmao
I mean my Access port, not AC