GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Winter Tire Thread

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Thank you. That's what I'm trying to determine before spending the $ on tires and wheels. Done enough of that. I'm curious as to what summer tire you are running?
My experience has me favoring my 17" bfg's a/s over my 18" pss & re71. A lot of research and good chunk of $ to figure that out.

Apologies for going off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Pirelli Sottoseries (sp?) for 2 winters and Dunlop Winter Sports before that. They do provide some insane levels of grip, but they still have a "slushy" feeling in corners like most winter tires do. They're pricey and they have a relatively short lifespan, but they do give very good traction.

They don't quite give the same amount of snow traction as a true winter tire like a Blizzak, but is still way better than an all season.

Their compound is kind of the opposite of summer tires... They don't harden up from the cold temps and still provide loads of grip.

Sirbikesalot

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m looking for a reasonably priced 16” steel wheel set for my MK6 gti 2011. I am in Wisconsin. I am fine with a deal on just 16” steel wheels as I can get a decent deal on tires around here. Thanks for any help!