GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low fuel rail pressure and do not exceed 4000 RPM low oil pressure

Lupercal_CATS

About a year ago I started having an issue where under throttle the car would suddenly lose power. Sometimes the car could continue driving, sometimes it would die and start right back up. This problem only happens if I've been driving for about 20-30 minutes continuously. For the longest time the car wouldn't throw a code and therefore I couldn't get it scanned. It finally threw a CEL today so I pulled over and scanned with OBDeleven. Got a P0087 low fuel rail pressure error.

In the year since this has been going on the car has been to three mechanics. So far they've replaced: LPFP, LPFP module, fuel filter, HPFP (twice), and checked all injectors.

I think all that's left to do is the pressure sensor, but I don't want to throw more money at it without getting some more opinions.

However, the fun doesn't stop there. The car also started throwing a yellow warning telling me not to exceed 4000 RPM due to oil pressure. It typically only happens when I'm at a stop, and like the other issue only seems to happen when I've been driving for awhile. Anytime it happens I check my oil level and it seems fine. This error never throws a CEL and I'm at a loss of how to go about diagnosing it.

My typical commute is less than 10 minutes so it's not an issue I deal with regularly, but it's infuriating when it happens. If anyone could help shed some light as to what's going on that'd be great. I've searched extensively across multiple forums and while I can find people having similar issues, no fix that has worked for someone else has worked for me.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
What does the fuel pressure actually do when this happens? I have seen bad contacts in the Hpfp connector cause similar hard to track down issues.if you disconnect the ecu side harness and the hpfp you can loop one side put a multimeter on the other and start flexing the harness. The little spring fingers like to fail so even though the connector will look seated it loses continuity. At idle you should about 40bar of fuel presssure if you pull the connector on the hpfp it should drop to 4 bar or so.