GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Frayed Cloth Seats In '11 Golf TDI...

KaiSTrikes_MKVI

Ready to race!
You were going to trade your car because of seat covers ?:laugh: Seriously?

I guess it was a principle issue.
I just went .. " Sight " ... and looked at my alternatives.
The cards your dealt aren't always the best, but what you
got is what you got .. :word:

1analguy

Ready to race!
I guess it was a principle issue.
I just went .. " Sight " ... and looked at my alternatives.
The cards your dealt aren't always the best, but what you
got is what you got .. :word:

I must be getting old. I can't tell what any of this means...:iono:

ChiGuyGolf2.5

Ready to race!
I must be getting old. I can't tell what any of this means...:iono:

Fixed that for you (FTFY):

"I guess it was a matter of principle. I ended up just giving in and started to look into alternatives. :Sigh:

Sometimes you get lucky, other times you do not. Unfortunately, you have to deal with the cards you are dealt."

The grammar some people use, makes me LOL.

nevekd128

Ready to race!
:thumbup:
Fixed that for you (FTFY):

"I guess it was a matter of principle. I ended up just giving in and started to look into alternatives. :Sigh:

Sometimes you get lucky, other times you do not. Unfortunately, you have to deal with the cards you are dealt."

The grammar some people use, makes me LOL.

:clap:

1analguy

Ready to race!
Oh, crap..."Sigh"!! Now I get it. I just couldn't figure out what the hell "Sight" meant. It threw me off for everything else. Really, I wish more people would use actual English when typing, but then, as you say, their spelling, grammar, and punctuation would still do them in. Thanks for the clear interpretation...:thumbsup:

bearJW

Ready to race!
@maxTDI: yeah I was going to trade in the car. It's more about the idea here. VW clearly has some issues with their seat covers on TDIs. If they won't cover a frayed and terrible looking seat cover on a one year old car, what else are they going to deny coverage on? It's a matter of trust. If the seats were not covered (seriously, I have never owned any car that had seats that looked so bad after such a short time) I couldn't trust VW with anything, especially something more important.

VW must have seen it the same way, since it was covered, and the seats are ok now. Although the seat covers are starting to wear again! Ughh. The dealer recommended I put some sort of seat cover on it.

It's frustrating. I love the golf tdi but I've had the car at a dealer 6 times now over the seats, yes... 6 times. It's insane how much I've had to have this car at a dealer. The list of visits below does not include oil changes or regular servicing.

6 times in for the seats.
2 times in for the lame iPhone integration
3 times in for a noisy fan in the dash.
8 times for accident repair at a certified VW body shop. (not really VWs fault but it was a body shop owned by a dealer so...)

Still, I grin when I get to drive this car. I just hope..HOPE... that in the near future I'll only have to bring the car in for normal things like oil changes and maintenance. I long for that day.