GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #253
hilld
Oval Champion

Drives: sold - 2012 Golf TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
serious

whats my post count have to do with being indecisive though? just got a new 2013 and im not looking for coilovers and going really low. i want something thats decent enough for daily and just takes down the gap. only reason i havent received went with dg springs is due to the front rake
I am running VWR springs and I am happy. That being said, I did switch dampeners after about a year and 15k miles to Bilsteins.

Here is how it sits before the Bilsteins, but after 15k miles.

Mods: Unibrace XB & UB, H&R 26mm/24mm sway bars, VWR springs, Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks, Enkei RS05 18" Wheels, Michelin PSS 225/40R18, Vagcom tweaks, Raammat and Ensolite foam sound proofing, OEM under seat drawers
Old 05-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #254
EJBGTIVI
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
serious

whats my post count have to do with being indecisive though? just got a new 2013 and im not looking for coilovers and going really low. i want something thats decent enough for daily and just takes down the gap. only reason i havent received went with dg springs is due to the front rake
Sorry. I have VWRs and I love them. The ride, to me is almost identical to stock. They do feel more planted in cornering. I'm manual trans so I do have a little bit of reverse rake, but all the pics I've seen on DSGs the drop looks really even. I'm on stock shocks too, and they have been fine. I only have about 3K miles since the springs were installed though. I would definitely recommend VWR
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJBGTIVI View Post
Fuck Golf. Go skate.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #255
absoluteczech
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2016 GTI 4DR CSG
Thanks man
Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #256
Jason3d
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Thanks man
Considering konis again on your new gti? I had DG springs on my car (i think they were on my car when we met at capo vw for the bbs's), but actually prefer the ride on the Koni coils. Didn't you have H&R sport springs for a bit too? Did they have rake? My DG springs were at least nice and even.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #257
absoluteczech
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason3d View Post
Considering konis again on your new gti? I had DG springs on my car (i think they were on my car when we met at capo vw for the bbs's), but actually prefer the ride on the Koni coils. Didn't you have H&R sport springs for a bit too? Did they have rake? My DG springs were at least nice and even.
No I think I'm done with coils. I want as close to stock ride quality as possible. Koni's rode great for being low. Yea I've gone through a lot. H&R ultra lows, H&R sport springs that had a lot of forward rake and then back to Koni's. I think I'm gonna try the vwr springs on stock dampers. Cars a lease so in 30k miles she goes back.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #258
EJBGTIVI
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
No I think I'm done with coils. I want as close to stock ride quality as possible. Koni's rode great for being low. Yea I've gone through a lot. H&R ultra lows, H&R sport springs that had a lot of forward rake and then back to Koni's. I think I'm gonna try the vwr springs on stock dampers. Cars a lease so in 30k miles she goes back.
I think you'll be very happy with the VWRs. The new SPM springs could be another option. They seem to be similar to the VWRs but I haven't seen any reviews on them yet.
Quote:
Fuck Golf. Go skate.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #259
absoluteczech
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
I think you'll be very happy with the VWRs. The new SPM springs could be another option. They seem to be similar to the VWRs but I haven't seen any reviews on them yet.
Link? Haven't heard of these spm springs
Old 05-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #260
EJBGTIVI
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Link? Haven't heard of these spm springs
http://www.esetuning.com/Steve-Petty...0z-kn31-00.htm
Quote:
Fuck Golf. Go skate.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:51 AM   #261
PaulyFe12
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Candy White 2013 MK6 GTI Wolfsburg
Anyone have any opinions as to which bilstein shock strut to go with if using dg springs? Just gathering opinions here, some people say b6 others say b8, the dg springs are in that weird grey area. Would think the b8s with there shorter lengths would maximize any drop you would get from the dg springs and the b6s would have a longer length of free travel. Not sure kinda why I'm askin lol
Old 09-15-2015, 07:54 AM   #262
Cadubya
“DUBYA” VP COUCH MOD

Drives: 2011 BT VP COUCH MACHINE
Search. This has been answered many times.

Closed Thread