GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Turbo BOV, GFB DV+, OEM Rev D Comparison/Review

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
From reading reviews and things and personal experience it seems like the BOV is better for 6MT and the GFB DV+ is the better option for DSG.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
No it is fine. I think every car is different and everyone's driving style is as well. Mods are unique to the car as well as climate. Tons of factors to consider.

On my particular car with my particular mods and climate/ driving style the BOV was the all around best. My original review is still accurate for me.

It is interesting to see how different things can be between cars.

I would argue the opposite (sorry), with the DV+, boost seems to hold/build better between manual shifts. At least that's what I saw when I reviewed it.

watusay

Not just manual transmission. ..As I've pointed out the GFB seems slightly better all round on a DSG vehicle as well .

Rupert, if you can do logs on boost, which you can get details from APRS site on what to log, you'll see for real what the story is. Smooth is fast. Maybe the CTS has a placebo affect. Maybe it is faster. All in all I think a WORKING valve should give you equal results

Thomason84

Ready to race!
No it is fine. I think every car is different and everyone's driving style is as well. Mods are unique to the car as well as climate. Tons of factors to consider.

On my particular car with my particular mods and climate/ driving style the BOV was the all around best. My original review is still accurate for me.

It is interesting to see how different things can be between cars.

Hey rupertpupkin I'm pretty sure you had a fake GFB DV+. They were going around a lot back then and here is a video explaining the difference. If the link doesn't show just google "how to spot a fake DV+" and it will be a video showing them side by side.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how...4.7567j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=1