GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DasAuto1295's Godspeed (eBay) downpipe review

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
It's not overwhelming at all. Just something to get used to. You only smell it when you first start it or are stopped at a light.

X2 I don't even smell it anymore. Just got used to it. Ac on recirc and nothing gets in the cabin.

MyGrayGTI

Ready to race!
Is the smell coming from the v clamp area? If so, what if the 2 pieces were welded together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Is the smell coming from the v clamp area? If so, what if the 2 pieces were welded together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you plan to replace it later on yourself, it would be much easier to NOT weld the clamp.

Marty

hey so i just got my self into a 2011 mrk6 gti. Looking to get this down pipe so i can jump to a uni stage 2 tune. got a few questions tho.
1.does it have a drone on the high way?
2.do you get any warring lights when you put the down pipe on?
3.can you get rid of the warning lights with the tune?
4.is it a full bolt on for the year of my gti?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
hey so i just got my self into a 2011 mrk6 gti. Looking to get this down pipe so i can jump to a uni stage 2 tune. got a few questions tho.
1.does it have a drone on the high way?
2.do you get any warring lights when you put the down pipe on?
3.can you get rid of the warning lights with the tune?
4.is it a full bolt on for the year of my gti?

1.Drone is up to the individual. I may not be bothered by something you find extremely annoying

2.you will get a CEL for the o2 sensor not reading correctly due to the increased flow

3.Yes almost all stage two tunes have the "disabler" for the CEL just make sure you tell them you have a catless downpipe.

4. It should bolt right up without modification. About 90% have bolted straight up with no modifications from what ive read.