GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR springs Review

ForzaGTI

Ready to race!

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Part # VWRPA004. Unlike the DG;s, the VMR Springs came out with one version for both MT and DSG.
Make sure to get the TT spacer for the rear since you have a MT

Hey, that seems to be the old part number. Shows up as "unavailable" on all sites. Isn't VWR31G5GT the new part number? The link above from hstuning also has the same. Do you have a link that I can order the springs from? APR generally has a big waiting period, so don't want to go there ;)

Also, I am definitely getting the TT mounts. I believe this is the link:
http://www.ecstuning.com/ES448006/

MickDick

I've got a 4 dr MT and have a feeling there will be butt sag with the VWRs. That wouldn't be acceptable. I plan on queueing these up for the summer..

I know I saw it somewhere (on the literally hundreds and hundreds) of pages I've read, that you can install Audi TT top bushings of some kind, that would raise the rears up about 1/4", maybe 3/8 or so. I'd go digging, but that could take days.

So please find it in your heart to help this lurker/old man/newbie!

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
I've got a 4 dr MT and have a feeling there will be butt sag with the VWRs. That wouldn't be acceptable. I plan on queueing these up for the summer..

I know I saw it somewhere (on the literally hundreds and hundreds) of pages I've read, that you can install Audi TT top bushings of some kind, that would raise the rears up about 1/4", maybe 3/8 or so. I'd go digging, but that could take days.

I have a 2dr MT. I installed VWRs with the rear TT pads. No reverse rake at all :thumbsup:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Part number: 8J0-512-149

Vroomtt

Passed Driver's Ed
Can any of the original posters who installed VWR's and kept the stock shocks comment on the how their shocks have held up since?

Im between DG's and VWR's on my 4dr dsg with 28k. Like the drop, but want my shocks to last. Thanks

estepnie

Ready to race!
Can any of the original posters who installed VWR's and kept the stock shocks comment on the how their shocks have held up since?

Im between DG's and VWR's on my 4dr dsg with 28k. Like the drop, but want my shocks to last. Thanks

I think I got 20-30k miles on my stock dampers after installing the VWR springs at around 20k.