GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I might be able to get some coding done Wednesday. I’m trying to figure out if there’s anything else I need.

What I have:
Emergency Braking
XDS adjusted
Brake assist adjusted
Fogs + Hibeam enabled
What I know I want:
LED tails
Gauge sweep
Seat warmer memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add this to list:

*5 blinks lane change (3 is not enough)
*No honk when locking car (its obnoxious and now you can be stealthy at night. also puts a setting on your mfi so you can reactivate it if you want)
*Windows up/down keyfob option
*Disable brake pad sensor if plan on running track pads ever

Today was the typical, expected dumpster fire I expect on a Monday morning. And about half my crew was out for various reasons.
Wow 10k. Oh wow chichat 18.10k by new years, let's go!
BWW is like a lamer version of a breastaurant. Change my mind.
BWW has decent wings. Outside of the wings its highly overrated. And its not cheap anymore like it used to be. Hilarious back in the day the wing portion of the chicken was considered a garbage cut of meat.

At home i now prefer buffalo drum sticks .
Lol that’s how you piss off people and make them hate the car scene.
so few cars have the "fart" noise when shifting which is what i think makes it unique . Its the new blow off valve. :laugh:

Lol BT manual is never boring
but can you shift fast enough to keep up with the power though :iono:
subbed4updates
made a cuban sandwich the other day
Chevy's is still in Florida....that's the only place I've had it actually (in Orlando I think?) and I thought it was pretty good from what I recall
Or good salsa or something

My go to around here, although it's a chain, is "On the Border"
They make their salsa & it's always good

On a random, but sorta similar note....does anyone remember Chi-Chi's??

Decent salsa, IIRC....but they had awesome fried ice cream!! :drool:
Last chichis i know of went out of business last year . Only reason it stayed open cause was near one of the biggest malls in america.

On the border is a chain here too..i havent been but im sure its good americanized mexican food. They have decent tortilla chips we sometimes pick up at the grocery story

Frontera grill another popular place, also have never been. But i do enjoy rick bayless and his tv show.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
id need a tune to run a catless.
huh?
This

I wish that we had the option to have all 4 tails act as brake lights like the mk7s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure you can with vagcom. I'll look at my notes.

BWW has decent wings. Outside of the wings its highly overrated. And its not cheap anymore like it used to be. Hilarious back in the day the wing portion of the chicken was considered a garbage cut of meat.
I made a whole chicken on the grill last night. Goddamn it turned out good. Indirect heat so it was juicy.

I don’t even know what that means
He doesn't know either. Repeats things he reads online said by others.

Actually none of those things happen lol. BT is more linear in its power delivery. It’s actually way easier to drive than K04 was iono
This. But again n00bs gonna n00b.

K04 is way more drivable than stage 1 and 2 were as well. The power delivery is much smoother.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
A Chevy Malibu LT2. Hour commute here in Tampa. Comfortable and great gas mileage. Occasionally I will drive my wife's Accent.

Going to try and swing either an RS or a Golf R later in 2019 for a fun 3rd car hobbie.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Not necessary
Cant wait to visit, would love a ride along
A Chevy Malibu LT2. Hour commute here in Tampa. Comfortable and great gas mileage. Occasionally I will drive my wife's Accent.
Going to try and swing either an RS or a Golf R later in 2019 for a fun 3rd car hobbie.

Nice big ol boat of a car, im sure its cozy like you stated. Accent meh not so much fun amirite?

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
BT gti...

*Roasts 1st gear
*Roasts 2nd gear
*Chirps than partially roasts 3rd gear

If that's really how it is, then that honestly sounds pretty dull.

There IS such a thing as "too fast for the street" and I'd say the above qualifies. No fun if you have to wait until 3rd gear before you can nail it and enjoy the power. Unless you're one of those "highway roll racer" types.

In other news... wifey starting to have 2nd thoughts about losing the convertible. The ol' Mk6 might get a stay of execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.