GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 03-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #57
AYoo
Oval Newbie

Drives: 11' GTI CSG w/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesxx01 View Post
Thanks, but I'd like an actual number for U.S. vehicles.
Is "not be to much" 1" or 1.5" or 2"?
25 millimeters = 0.984251969 inches
AYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #58
grambles423
Limited Activity

Drives: 2008.5 BMP GTI
Talked to Evan Wednesday about these. Hit him up if you have any questions.
Centric Blank Rotors-Stoptech SP Pads

grambles423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #59
veedoubleme
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2014 MB C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by grambles423 View Post
Talked to Evan Wednesday about these. Hit him up if you have any questions.
Did you learn anything you can share with us?
veedoubleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #60
grambles423
Limited Activity

Drives: 2008.5 BMP GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedoubleme View Post
Did you learn anything you can share with us?
Meh....no more than what most have delivered in this thread. From my understanding there are a multitude of springs to choose from both linear and progressive.

274.99 + Shipping
Centric Blank Rotors-Stoptech SP Pads

grambles423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #61
SRT2GTI
Banned

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn (6-speed Manual)
Digging this thread up again. I just ordered a set of the VWR springs. I'll post a review with pics as soon as they are received and installed.
SRT2GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #62
Razor
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 4DR CW DSG
I think you are going to really like these springs. I don't want to mess with your review, but I installed them ~ 3 wks ago and am very happy. FTG front: 25 3/8" rear: 25 1/4". Before install I was at 26 1/4" front and rear.
REVO / CTS KO4 - Carbonio stg2 - TOP - GFB DV+ - R8 coils/PFR7B plugs - UR dp with res and cat - Borla CB - GS v2 FMIC - VWR springs - Hotchkis FSB/RSB - Ultra R mid brace - Unibrace RB - Energy Susp. mod. torque arm insert - Stoptech pads/SS lines/Tyrol bushings/Powerslot rotors - D1 spec throttle controller - R tails and side skirts - OEM front CS - BLK badges - CF shift paddles - Uber stealth sub/box - VCDS -
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #63
Jacuzzi
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 CSG Stage II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I think you are going to really like these springs. I don't want to mess with your review, but I installed them ~ 3 wks ago and am very happy. FTG front: 25 3/8" rear: 25 1/4". Before install I was at 26 1/4" front and rear.
How's the handling etc? Are you on stock dampers?
Jacuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #64
Razor
Autocross Newbie

Yes, stock dampers. I feel the ride is a bit stiffer than stock, but also rides very smooth on the highway. If you have read the many descriptions (in particular Grambles) of the performance of the DG springs, especially with front and rear sway bars; I would characterize these as being equal. Cornering is virtually flat and the roll of the stock springs is eliminated. The car feels much more planted and "solid". I have to negotiate a near 90 deg. turn to an on ramp near my house. Normally I take it at 25 mph then gun it up the ramp resulting in excessive wheel spin exiting the turn. Now I barrel through at close to 35 with the body being flat and composed and very little wheel spin while exiting the corner. I live in the mountains so I have a great opportunity to really give the suspension system a thorough thrashing, therefore I can state with confidence, the VWR springs' ride and handling is fantastic and I highly recommend them.
REVO / CTS KO4 - Carbonio stg2 - TOP - GFB DV+ - R8 coils/PFR7B plugs - UR dp with res and cat - Borla CB - GS v2 FMIC - VWR springs - Hotchkis FSB/RSB - Ultra R mid brace - Unibrace RB - Energy Susp. mod. torque arm insert - Stoptech pads/SS lines/Tyrol bushings/Powerslot rotors - D1 spec throttle controller - R tails and side skirts - OEM front CS - BLK badges - CF shift paddles - Uber stealth sub/box - VCDS -
Old 06-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #65
JhnR
Banned

Drives: Lemon mk6 GTI
we need more VWR springs pics.. for members to decide which and how low they go
JhnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #66
Razor
Autocross Newbie

Sorry about the pics. I have several shots in my email, but I must be an idiot because for the life of me, I can't get them loaded on this site. Tried to copy and paste from my email, then tried retrieving from "my docs" and "my pictures" with no success. On my car, the drop was almost exactly an inch front and rear.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #67
aw614
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW MKVI GTI
did you try uploading them to photobucket and then using the [img][/img] tags
aw614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #68
Sleepin gti
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 csg 6mt gti
So noob question do the vwr springs.void.warranty cause I want.these. Think a dealership would no if it was dropped and.inch?
Sleepin gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #69
Razor
Autocross Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepin gti View Post
So noob question do the vwr springs.void.warranty cause I want.these. Think a dealership would no if it was dropped and.inch?
I suppose it would. VWR is just an aftermarket company same as APR. But, because they are a blue color, the same as DG springs, there is a good chance a dealership wouldn't no the difference, although there are no approved DG springs for the Mk6 GTI. Therefore, I guess, no aftermarket springs are warranty approved.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #70
Sleepin gti
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 csg 6mt gti
So the dg springs would void also? seeing there blue also I might take a chance dont see hardly anything getting messed up from an inch drop
Sleepin gti is offline   Reply With Quote