GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #15
ncampos976
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
save your 5th and 6th gear from having to be replaced by not grinding them. you will need sealant, for the case. 2.5qt of trans fluid, a gear puller, a new tapered bearing for the 5/6th gear shaft, you only have to pull 1 to remove the gears. other misc tools to remove trans. if that's the case.
ncampos976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #16
Pabss
Autocross Champion

Drives: Bone stock newbie 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncampos976 View Post
save your 5th and 6th gear from having to be replaced by not grinding them. you will need sealant, for the case. 2.5qt of trans fluid, a gear puller, a new tapered bearing for the 5/6th gear shaft, you only have to pull 1 to remove the gears. other misc tools to remove trans. if that's the case.

yeah I haven't used 5th & 6th gear and when I do use them gears I baby it in with out grinding I'm taking it to the dealer for that 1% chance that they will warranty it.
I'm going to be removing my KO4 later today when I get home from work along with my water meth setup and my cts throttle pipe and my SPM dp !
I'm debating on whether if I should pull out my clutch and put the stock one back in or just leave it in?
2012 RED 2door GTI APR STAGE 2+ CTS KO4, SPM DP NON RES WITH STOCK CAT BACK, N2MB RACING WOT BOX,5%TINT & 35% TINT ON ENTIRE FRONT WINDSHEILD ,LAMINEX FOGS YELLOW, H&R SPORT SPRINGS ,HIGPER WHITE LED INTERIOR WITH RED LED FOOT WELLS,REAR HEAD REST DELET
Pabss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #17
lilfleck

Drives: '11 GTI Autobahn, DSG
You getting rid of the car?
lilfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #18
EMaster24

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI MT
With all those bolt-ons... dealer would be stupid to warranty that work. Sorry but I think you will be wasting your time trying. Just own up the fact that something on your car broke, possibly/probably out of running non-OEM parts. Not the dealer's responsibility to fix your mistakes.

That sucks though... transmission issues are expensive and I would never wish them on anyone. Good luck
Old 05-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #19
ncampos976

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabss View Post
yeah I haven't used 5th & 6th gear and when I do use them gears I baby it in with out grinding I'm taking it to the dealer for that 1% chance that they will warranty it.
I'm going to be removing my KO4 later today when I get home from work along with my water meth setup and my cts throttle pipe and my SPM dp !
I'm debating on whether if I should pull out my clutch and put the stock one back in or just leave it in?
honestly, they will not notice that it has a k04. only somone with experience with one would notice.
i have seen both those gears syncro's crack on completely stock cars. one was a gti and the other was a diesel jetta wagon. both stock. i think its a defect in the syncro's, but that's the dealers decision to warranty it or not.
ncampos976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #20
Balt21
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 TR GTI
I've had issues with 5th for awhile. I'm not sure if it is the same thing you are experiencing though. When I go to shift into 5th, it will sometimes feel like it is in all the way; however, it isn't. The shifter vibrates side to side pretty violently with some nasty sounds until you put the clutch back in. I've had it to two different dealers trying to resolve the issue. My problem is that it happens intermittently and the dealer hasn't been able to replicate it. My thought process is that I've created a paper trail with the dealers trying to resolve it, so if something does really break with the trans I can say, I told you something wasn't right haha.

I'm to the point that I can generally feel if it is going to go into gear correctly or not. If it doesn't feel right, I usually just skip it and go to 6th.
Balt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #21
lilfleck

Drives: '11 GTI Autobahn, DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balt21 View Post
I've had issues with 5th for awhile. I'm not sure if it is the same thing you are experiencing though. When I go to shift into 5th, it will sometimes feel like it is in all the way; however, it isn't. The shifter vibrates side to side pretty violently with some nasty sounds until you put the clutch back in. I've had it to two different dealers trying to resolve the issue. My problem is that it happens intermittently and the dealer hasn't been able to replicate it. My thought process is that I've created a paper trail with the dealers trying to resolve it, so if something does really break with the trans I can say, I told you something wasn't right haha.

I'm to the point that I can generally feel if it is going to go into gear correctly or not. If it doesn't feel right, I usually just skip it and go to 6th.
I think that's unrelated. That has happened to me in a few diff gears -- usually from my left leg being lazy on the clutch in.
lilfleck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cts turbo, ko4, synchors, transmission