GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spm engine/trans mount and nvh

rpc07

Ready to race!
Rpc,

We've had a lot of happy customers with our mount kits, either the full kit or the motor/trans/pendulum without the torque insert. The NVH is largely a result of the shore hardness of the polyurethane. We chose a hardness level of 75 for our kits. Some kits use harder polyurethane which result in a higher level of NVH, and others use a lower hardness. The mounts do break in very nicely around the 1k mile mark. With NVH being a major concern consider purchasing the mounts minus the torque insert.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me!

Thanks for the input, I placed an order with mike from bdtuning for the engine/trans mount. I'm already running 034 street density subframe mounts(75 durometer also) with my stock pendulum. My goal is to feel more connected to the car while driving, shifting and auto x'ing so i don't mind a little more vibration.

FinallygotmyGTI

Ready to race!
I've got the full SPM mount kit and the HPA hockey puck and they vibe a lot when you first put them in, but mine calmed down after about 500 miles, and then more after 1k miles and then they quieted down even more. I only get a lot of vibes when I have the AC on or firs thing in the morning when the car is really cold.

You are definately going to get more sound and vibes but the trade off is a much stiffer setup. These are great for me since I have a manual, I get much crisper shifts and not that numb shifting feeling

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the input, I placed an order with mike from bdtuning for the engine/trans mount. I'm already running 034 street density subframe mounts(75 durometer also) with my stock pendulum. My goal is to feel more connected to the car while driving, shifting and auto x'ing so i don't mind a little more vibration.

034 Street is 60a.

rpc07

Ready to race!
You are definately going to get more sound and vibes but the trade off is a much stiffer setup. These are great for me since I have a manual, I get much crisper shifts and not that numb shifting feeling

This is what I'm hoping for and i don't mind the trade off.

034 Street is 60a.

I thought the street density was 75 and there track density were 90, either way running the mounts without something to stiffen up the pendulum mount isn't an option since these are pressed into the subframe.