GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I noticed my intake manifold is missing the support bracket

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Was going to remove my manifold and noticed it was missing, guess the dealer never put it back on from the previous owners service work. Anyone run their intake manifold without this thing? Should I get a used one?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
when the I/M was replaced in mine, they failed to tighten a few bolts. You will most certainly deal with incompetent work from those "certified" technicians.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Mine has been removed for years without an issue. And every manifold replacement I've ever done that has previously been done by a dealer is missing it as well.

Roctre

Ready to race!
Mine has been removed for years without an issue. And every manifold replacement I've ever done that has previously been done by a dealer is missing it as well.

Thats fucking shitty. I know its a bitch to get on it took around 20 mins to get mine back on but that is no reason for a dealer mech to say fuck it.

NNWGB6

Passed Driver's Ed
Was going to remove my manifold and noticed it was missing, guess the dealer never put it back on from the previous owners service work. Anyone run their intake manifold without this thing? Should I get a used one?

That thing has been sitting in my trunk since I did my first carbon cleaning in 2012, no issues so far. Only purpose for it is to get caught on your coolant sensor wires, so you can damn near rip them off when removing the manifold.
Hmm planned problems, kinda like apr.;)

fbgmoney

Ready to race!
I replaced my intake manifold the past weekend and wasn't too pleased to find my support bracket was missing as well.... (after spending 45 minutes trying to find it) I'm guessing that it was never put back on after the dealer replaced the water pump? I'm guessing I'll ignore it rather than having the dealer put it back on.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
After removing my intake mani now and doing the valve cleaning I can see why some people just left it off. Its in a tough spot and removing and installing the manifold was not too bad without it. I think it still feels pretty solid with the 8 bolts holding it in

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Mine was never put back or replaced when my manifold was replaced under warranty. Was told they never put them back on.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
I replaced my intake manifold the past weekend and wasn't too pleased to find my support bracket was missing as well.... (after spending 45 minutes trying to find it) I'm guessing that it was never put back on after the dealer replaced the water pump? I'm guessing I'll ignore it rather than having the dealer put it back on.

That's surprising cause most dealers don't remove the intake manifold when replacing the water pump. The dealer I went to said they don't take the manifold off when replacing the pump

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
That's surprising cause most dealers don't remove the intake manifold when replacing the water pump. The dealer I went to said they don't take the manifold off when replacing the pump

i made mines remove it cause i wanted the job done correctly and also carbon cleaning lol.

they also removed the bracket, i guess i should thank them? lol

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I removed mine when installing my manifold its a major PITA to remove and even harder to install.

gdub09

Ready to race!
Depends on the tech. Some techs do it, some don't. When I had my injector replaced my buddy told me it was missing. Previous dealer I bought my car from did injectors as well so I made them pay the $90 for a new one lol