GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - TyrolSport Solid Shifter Bracket Bushing Kit (SSBB)

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
I just installed mine. I have the S3 with 42dd bushings and after the Tyrolsport install things tightened up so much more that it gave me the feeling that shifts were even shorter. Very happy. Considering the HPA SS now because it's on sale now and I also want something weighted. I never really noticed much if a difference with the S3 in terms of shorter throws.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I love this review, very informative.
The short shifter and bushing replacement is my next mod.

Awesome, don't forget my MasterBracket review then front and rear subframe bushings. Next up, TyrolSport radiator and eventually their rear trunk brace which I can't wait for.

Last edited:

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
You don't have a "radiatorm" on your car? Good for hyperdrive speeds. :laugh:

That requires an R2 unit though. Good thing I have one...

Mike@TyrolSport

Ready to race!

TyrolSport Product Line Group Buy:
We have decided to launch their 2016 group buy with 10% off and free shipping for their entire line of TyrolSport products to help customers prepare for the upcoming street/track season. Follow their order instructions on the group buy forum threads below.
GolfMK6: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2383381

italiansanto

Passed Driver's Ed
Wait...So don't buy the 44DD Bracket Bushings AND the 44DD Bushings Set? BUT buy the 44DD Bushings Set WITH the TyrolSport - Solid Shifter Bracket Bushings instead? Also, I am looking to purchase the S3 Short Shifter kit with everything else. Thoughts?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Drivetrain upgrades completed to really turn up the power: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2379799&postcount=6

-Found a 2012 “MWS” 6-speed Beetle transmission with 25K miles on it at a local junk yard
-Opened the transmission, inspected internals, everything looked brand new
-Degreased the case, masked off all areas for sensors/seals/axles
-Painted 3 coats of self-etching primer and 3 coats of VHT wrinkle black thanks to advice from U-20t
-Opened my “KZS” 6-speed GTI transmission to remove the Peloquin LSD and steel shift forks
-Built the Beetle transmission with Peloquin LSD, 1-2 & 3-4 steel shift forks, TyrolSport x ARP 02Q case bolts
-Decided not to install the Darkside Developments 02M / 02Q 5th - 6th Selector Fork Reinforcement Kit (FOR SALE)
-Reused my Clutchmasters FX400 and NLS TOB shims
-Sent my DieselGeek Sigma 6-Speed Short Shift Kit out to be rebuilt inclusive of the latest black slider
-Installed the 42DD Shifter Cable Support Bracket after discovering that my shifter cables were burning
-Moved back to the original plastic shift cable bracket after finding that my MK4 metal shift bracket caused the cables to bind and that the 42DD Shifter Cable Support Bracket would not align with the bolt holes
-Installed a fresh TyrolSport Solid Shifter Bracket Bushing Kit (SSBB)
-Installed the DieselGeek High Performance VW Shifter Shaft Bushing Kit which made a big difference with my Raceseng Circuit Series shift knob
-Removed the TurboSmart Kompact VAG II Plumb Back Diverter Valve (FOR SALE) and installed the latest OEM diverter valve
-Switched from Motul Sport Ester 5W-50 (fall/winter) to 5W-40 for spring/summer

Now I’m ready for Spring so I can get a few more logs on the new Walbro 450 then dyno the 93 octane file. After that, straight to E85.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
-Sent my DieselGeek Sigma 6-Speed Short Shift Kit out to be rebuilt inclusive of the latest black slider

HYDE, great thread with lots of useful info. Thanks for taking the time to post everything.

Could you comment on the DieselGeek shifter rebuild, particularly on the "latest black slider"? I haven't heard of a new slider and don't see it on the DG website. I recently noticed that my white slider has a bit of play which translates to play at the shift knob that I'd like to get rid of.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
HYDE, great thread with lots of useful info. Thanks for taking the time to post everything.

Could you comment on the DieselGeek shifter rebuild, particularly on the "latest black slider"? I haven't heard of a new slider and don't see it on the DG website. I recently noticed that my white slider has a bit of play which translates to play at the shift knob that I'd like to get rid of.

I think that's what the black slider material is all about, probably a more durable delrin I believe, the shifter feels tight but those shaft bushings from DG made a large difference as well.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I think that's what the black slider material is all about, probably a more durable delrin I believe, the shifter feels tight but those shaft bushings from DG made a large difference as well.

Good to know. I'll be purchasing both.

Here is the link for the Diesel Geek slider replacement (very difficult to find on their website, I can't even get to it without the link):
Sigma Short Shifter Slider Replacement

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Let me know your thoughts. I may do this as well