GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Standard computer upgrade

dstill

Ready to race!
Hi,

made the mistake or speccing my car with the standard dash computer instead of the upgrade which was another £50, stupid i know.:mad0259:

2 questions, is it possible to upgrade this myself and is there only one other type of computer to upgrade to.:iono:

If anyone knows what this would cost me i would be keen to know.:D

Thanks in advance.

dstill

Ready to race!
Sorry guys, you can tell i know little about the car yet.

The computer i'm referring to is the one between the speedo and the rev counter, apologies for the confusion.

dstill

Ready to race!
what's the difference between the standard one and the upgrade?

I might be wrong but i think the upgrade is called a 'Mid line'. From what i understand it allows more funtionality of the cars systems, for instance setting the autolock for the doors.:(

It seems if you dont have the upgraded computer you have to rely on Vagcom to alter settings.:mad0259:

Giblets

Passed Driver's Ed
The standard trip computer doesn't calculate mpg for you, which would have been useful to be honest, especially as I had it on my last A4 and even on my wife's Kia Ceed!

I doubt it would be practical to consider upgrading at this late stage. I'm not sure what other wonders it performs, but the mpg is the only thing I feel I'm missing.

dstill

Ready to race!
The standard trip computer doesn't calculate mpg for you, which would have been useful to be honest, especially as I had it on my last A4 and even on my wife's Kia Ceed!

I doubt it would be practical to consider upgrading at this late stage. I'm not sure what other wonders it performs, but the mpg is the only thing I feel I'm missing.

Giblets,

Mine does the mpg, average consumption. Are you saying the computer in your car does'nt have that function. If that is the case then it seems there are at least 3 variants of the computer.

Giblets

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I can't get mpg on mine and there's no button on the stalk to control anything anyway. I just get whats on the heads up display. Pretty sure you must have the upgrade, no?

dstill

Ready to race!
Yeah I can't get mpg on mine and there's no button on the stalk to control anything anyway. I just get whats on the heads up display. Pretty sure you must have the upgrade, no?

Giblets, i'll check the manuals and compare them with the actual car and let you know.:thumbsup:

Thanks

Giblets

Passed Driver's Ed
Giblets, i'll check the manuals and compare them with the actual car and let you know.:thumbsup:

Thanks

I've been a numbnuts. There is a full trip computer on mine, and it's accessible through the steering wheel buttons, not on the stalk as my handbook would lead me to believe!

To be fair it has everything I'd need right down to oil temp, so I'm not sure what the upgrade offers?

Barometer?
Palm reading?

SilverDSG

Just checking but is your MFD full height or half height? I know on earlier models there was a choice between the Midline and the Highline MFD. The Highline (Standard in UK Spec Blue Motion, GT, GTI,GTD as of sept brochure) is full height and has 2 trip computers avg MPG, Consumption plus speed warnings etc. It also displays radio information and track info from MDI port. Plus there is a setup otption but I am not sure what that does as I have not had a chance to try it out yet.