GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
thestig

Drives: mk6 gti
My new MK6 GTI!

Whats going on everyone? Im picking up a 2012 GTI DSG this weekend that has only 15k km on the engine, which is super nice. The only issue that the car has been in an accident that affected the front bumper and transmission.
Both were supposedly fixed by VW. The front bumper is definetly OEM and im just not sure about the transmission.

If it was replaced by a new one do you think there would be a problem? Your help is much appreciated
thestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:56 PM   #2
ACLR8R
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 GTI
Shouldnt be if it was replaced, but hopefully you are getting a good deal with a car that has been damaged.
ACLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:05 PM   #3
NolaMKVI
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 csg dsg
If the bumper and transmission were fixed by VW, then it should be OEM. Unless a tech didn't know what he was doing, (from what I understand, new techs help for a few months before getting their own bay) then it should be good to go.

Check the radiator support and the surrounding area, if the tranny was damaged and JUST the bumper then someone is lying, I seriously cant see damage skipping everything in-between and going straight to the tranny... boost leaks, coolant leaks, DSG fluid leaks, and oil leaks should be looked at while the car is on AND off too.

Not to scare you away from it, just so you know what to look for. Also listen for "clicking" while in turns to see if the CV shafts need replacing since the trans was damaged.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time, for those 14 seconds or more... I'm free..
NolaMKVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
songyun
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI
dsg should be replaced for save. if not i wont buy a car with dsg damaged before
Old 05-15-2015, 03:19 PM   #5
corrado917
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: GTI CSG
Congrats! enjoy your car
A buch of goodies APRís K04 kit, NGK 8 plugs , Unitronic Intake, Eurojet DP, Magnaflow catback, APRís TCU tune, 034 Dogbone Mount Insert, S3 intercooler, Forge catch can, Modshack trim, AWE tuning IC hoses, Neuspeed K04 TOP & TDP, H&R Cup kit, Golf Rís skirts & side mirrors, Euro LED tails, GTD grill, H&R sways, Stern bar, Enkei RPF1 & some other stuff..Build
corrado917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #6
thestig

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaMKVI View Post
If the bumper and transmission were fixed by VW, then it should be OEM. Unless a tech didn't know what he was doing, (from what I understand, new techs help for a few months before getting their own bay) then it should be good to go.

Check the radiator support and the surrounding area, if the tranny was damaged and JUST the bumper then someone is lying, I seriously cant see damage skipping everything in-between and going straight to the tranny... boost leaks, coolant leaks, DSG fluid leaks, and oil leaks should be looked at while the car is on AND off too.

Not to scare you away from it, just so you know what to look for. Also listen for "clicking" while in turns to see if the CV shafts need replacing since the trans was damaged.
Sorry im a bit of a noob when it comes to this. im picking it up tomorrow morning and i will check the surrounding area. just to be clear, i shouldnt hear clicking while turning?
thestig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dsg, transmission