GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uber-Stealth Audio Needs Your Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
Hello All,

I have not posted recently as I have been spending every spare moment trying to work through the stack of "March Madness" Orders.

For those who do not know, Uber-Stealth Audio is run out of my garage on a small cnc router by myself. The last 2 years I produced 150 boxes per year. This year looks like it could be even more. However, I am limited by my equipment.

Most people do not know that there is over 1 hour of machine time in each box. Currently I am spending 25-30 hours per week producing boxes, on top of my full time job (and twins!)

What I am getting at is I need to expand. My wife and I recently purchased 1 acre, and are starting the process to build a new house. This will also feature a 750 sq ft shop dedicated to Uber-Stealth!

That takes care of the space issue, but does not address the CNC issue. My cnc is a work horse, and is a great machine ( I probably have over 500-600 hours on it). However it is just not large enough or fast enough to allow me to expand. I am currently saving all the profits to purchase a new machine, but if you have looked, a decent 4' x 8' machine is about $10k. This a pretty decent chunk of change.

This is where you guys come in! On the home page of www.uberstealthaudio.com , I have added a donate button. Think of this as a '"tip jar" for uber-stealth. None of this money will go to me. It will be directly added to the pot to purchase a new CNC. This new cnc is vital to increasing my production, and keeping prices low, as reduced production time, mean less cost to me, which means I can continue to absorb the increasing material and shipping cost.

So, if you feel your box was a great deal, or feel you have received great customer service, or just want to support a small business, or want to make sure prices are still low when you go to purchase your box in 6 months, please consider a donation.

Seriously, ever 1$ helps, if every one of my past customers gave 10$, I could order the machine today.

On a side note, I am also always looking for new product pictures for my website. If you have any good pics, please send them my way.

wbean

attention whore
Hey dude,

I've been following your products since the days I had my mk5 (wbean on golfmkv).

I've never actually bought anything from you but my friends have and I think you're doing something awesome for the community. I don't have much to spare but I donated $10 bucks anyway cause honestly, your work is worth 100x that and I'd spend $10 on lunch without a second thought so neither should helping a fellow enthusiasts out.

Hope to see more of your great work man. 8NT25153UT707031R <- is the donation conf #.

- Ian

ZLEB

Ready to race!
If demand has grown faster than your ability to fill orders why not outsource the router work to a local company and just worry about final assembly in your facility?

On a side note do these fit in a Tiguan?

@Zleb_Mada

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
Thank you so much for your support. The level of support i have recieved is amazing.
Hey dude,
following your products since the days I had my mk5 (wbean on golfmkv).

I've never actually bought anything from you but my friends have and I think you're doing something awesome for the community. I don't have much to spare but I donated $10 bucks anyway cause honestly, your work is worth 100x that and I'd spend $10 on lunch without a second thought so neither should helping a fellow enthusiasts out.

Hope to see more of your great work man. 8NT25153UT707031R <- is the donation conf #.

- Ian

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
the machining is where a lot of the margin is in the product. What shops charge to process a sheet would basically have me building them for free.

If you check out my site, i do offer a box for the tiguan

If demand has grown faster than your ability to fill orders why not outsource the router work to a local company and just worry about final assembly in your facility?

On a side note do these fit in a Tiguan?

@Zleb_Mada

Status
Not open for further replies.