GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone have a 07K133201 Intake Manifold that they want to get rid of

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
After upgrading to a SRI, anyone have a 07K133201 Intake Manifold that they want to get rid of/donate ?

07k133201J or 07k133201K would be preferred.

I already tinkered with two but they are now hacked to death and not reliable, so need another example to finalize my findings and do a dyne pull, those thinking about going SRI will be pleasantly surprised on what you can get on the cheap.

Anyone?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks PureDope for donating your manifold, I will do my best to make it work.

The project will go a bit slower and money is a bit tight right now for projects as I'm fixing the broken valves in my wife's Tiguan at the same time but I will get 'er done and post us ASAP.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
UPDATE: Got email from my Mailbox that the Manifold arrived... just gotta find time to drive to Niagara Falls to pick it up, then the tear down and rebuild will begin.
Big question, if I will need a SRI tune to condensate for the expected 30% drop in mid range power that happens because the original 19 inch runners will be modified. See UM site for dyno graph, on what happens when the intake runners are shortened to SRI length.

Plan is to shorten the Intake runner Lengths then do a dyno pull to bench mark the Intake Runner Modifications. Not ruling out doing the UM SRI Tune afterwards to see the difference, .... we'll see.

This stuff is fun for me just takes along time thats all.

Attachments

• SRI Without SRI Tune.JPG
    SRI Without SRI Tune.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
UPDATE: "Life get in the way sometimes" the donated Manifold is still in my Mailbox in Niagara,but making a renewed effort to go pick it up. This stuff really interests me, I don't want my enthusiasm to get anyone's hopes up.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/runnertorquecalc.php
The objective is still to cut apart the donated one and enlarge the plenum and modify the runner lengths based on measurements and findings from the other hacked ones.

In the mean time, I have removed and backed up of my ECU (AJ) and working on reading the BIN file and understanding the tuning a bit. The MED17 protection was a bit of a pain but I now have a back up BIN of my ECU I can play and understand.

Did mention that this could take a while .... .

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
UPDATE: Picked up the Donated Manifold from my Mailbox in Niagara Falls at Lunch Time yesterday. It is in great condition, I'm in the process of cleaning it up, PureDope's car was running pretty good not much oil in the intake compared to the others I used before.

So I don't have to ask for another manifold I need to consider how I cut and rebuild it for the dyno pull(s).

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
UPDATE: I'm at my home in South Carolina, the manifold is in Toronto. I was hoping to finish the cutting and resizing the runners and the plenum volume then do a ECU tune. Not going to happen that way tho, :yikes: prolly ECU first as I have my laptop and electronic tools with me, then manifold when I get back to Toronto; as I'm going to tune my ECU while I'm here in SC at sea level, the engine runs so much stronger down here even with the temperature at 102 degrees F today. Will finish the manifold in September when I get back to Toronto.:paddle:

Any ways Dyno results I'm curious about, prolly you too, I bet?

I'll do a dyno pull when I get back to Toronto, to validate my ECU changes. I'd rather pay a cheap $80 CAD$ per dyno pull, plus it will compare better with the previous pulls I've done at Definitive Tuning in New Market on the same Dyno Pack Dyno.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
UPDATE: Back in Toronto, Tuning done to the ECU with seat of the pants dyno, car alot easier to drive after bumping a few things a few points but need to do dyno pull to see the results. Dunno if I can get it done before I have to leave go back to South Carolina after the hurricane,...will try tho, keeps my mind off things :(. Gonna work in the manifold tomorrow (Sunday).

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
UPDATE: Still working on this project/hobby, however getting terminated from ones job of 22 years has a way of forcing a rethink, delay things a bit and cuts funding for dyno pulls.

Decided to forgo playing with the tune and concentrate on the runner lengths and the plenum, so anyone can essentially make one on the cheap with stuff you can easily find of already have.

nature boy

Ready to race!
sorry to hear about your job man, that really sucks. but i am glad you're still working on this and i'm still interesting on hearing how it goes

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
sorry to hear about your job man, that really sucks. but i am glad you're still working on this and i'm still interesting on hearing how it goes
Thanks for the encouragement! I think you're the only one.

It looks like the shiny C2 Motor Sports SRI that they stopped selling when IE was about to launch their SRI. To be perfectly honest mine is NOT very attractive but it does work, original black runners shortened with a homemade plenum made of white PCV plastic piping, with throttle body attached. I guess I could have painted it but it's a bit fragile, I've had to patch it a couple of times, so the painting gets in the way. The donated intake will be incorporated to make the newer version stronger and not so fragile.

If I had the IE SRI software loaded it would make a huge difference, as that software is the key to making any of the short runner intakes drivable at the lower RPMs, and provides the fueling and timing at the higher RPMs where the stock tune doesn't.

nature boy

Ready to race!
Thanks for the encouragement! I think you're the only one.
no worries. if i had the time to do this (and the know-how) i would, but i'm too much of a dunce to figure it out.

It looks like the shiny C2 Motor Sports SRI that they stopped selling when IE was about to launch their SRI. To be perfectly honest mine is NOT very attractive but it does work, original black runners shortened with a homemade plenum made of white PCV plastic piping, with throttle body attached. I guess I could have painted it but it's a bit fragile, I've had to patch it a couple of times, so the painting gets in the way. The donated intake will be incorporated to make the newer version stronger and not so fragile.

If I had the IE SRI software loaded it would make a huge difference, as that software is the key to making any of the short runner intakes drivable at the lower RPMs, and provides the fueling and timing at the higher RPMs where the stock tune doesn't.

this is really interesting. i wasn't aware that you already have a custom job done. do you have pictures or a write up of it or anything (like, more so than what you just wrote there)? i'd be interested in learning more about it. thanks man.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
no worries. if i had the time to do this (and the know-how) i would, but i'm too much of a dunce to figure it out.

this is really interesting. i wasn't aware that you already have a custom job done. do you have pictures or a write up of it or anything (like, more so than what you just wrote there)? i'd be interested in learning more about it. thanks man.
This s a hobby for me, with each version I made progress but they all worked to some extent, the second proof of concept version is the one I was running last week but because it is a hack job copy of the C2 SRI, it's barely able to support its own weight, I wouldn't want anyone to try to copy it, with the weight of the throttle body and filter attached, it breaks and leaks where it's glued.

The objective is to do it on the cheap, I will provide instructions on how to copy it if they want to, just be patient. I'm trying to get the next version ready to go south middle of January, and I'll be in Daytona for the Rolex 24 weekend, I want to drive down with it if I can get 'her done!

Would love to drive VIR on my way down : ) with a SRI if no snow.

Until then Merry Christmas

Last edited: