GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
New Project

Just received a shipment for a new project for the SRI, more details below.

With the summer temps now the aluminum UM/HEP SRI is getting really hot in stop and go traffic as it is in direct contact with the cylinder head. As well, I suspect we maybe getting a vacuum leak at the IM to head flange seal causing intermittent codes.

On my Time Attack RSX Type S we used a Skunk2's high temperature thermal polymer intake manifold gasket with the Skunk2 IM, it protects against heat soak by reducing heat transfer, ....anyway it works, since VW used a plastic IM to do exactly the same thing why not make my own, after all that's what I'm doing anyway, since neither UM or HEP have provided any of the gaskets I've used.

Anyway I purchased enough Fel Pro Karropak #3047 gasket material, enough for several trys but only one try should do it.
https://i.imgur.com/kjfRpqc.jpg
Just flattening out the sheet now, I plan to spray some WD40 on a manifold flange that I have left over from one of my hacks and use it make a trace of the IM on the Karropak material then use snips to cut the trace out.

Lots happening so as usual this will take some time.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Edwin, I've had our radiator out a couple times, to replace it and then again to replace the AC condenser. Not very hard to do if you know how but involved, about 2 hour job for sure.

EDIT: Your car is super clean with low milage, I'd be inclined to go with a VW radiator.

The shop I went to gave me a quote of $580 for parts and labour which I think is a fair price, so I'll be getting that done 2 weeks from now

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
UPDATE

Just received a shipment for a new project for the SRI, more details below.

With the summer temps now the aluminum UM/HEP SRI is getting really hot in stop and go traffic as it is in direct contact with the cylinder head. As well, I suspect we maybe getting a vacuum leak at the IM to head flange seal causing intermittent codes.

On my Time Attack RSX Type S we used a Skunk2's high temperature thermal polymer intake manifold gasket with the Skunk2 IM, it protects against heat soak by reducing heat transfer, ....anyway it works, since VW used a plastic IM to do exactly the same thing why not make my own, after all that's what I'm doing anyway, since neither UM or HEP have provided any of the gaskets I've used.

Anyway I purchased enough Fel Pro Karropak #3047 gasket material, enough for several trys but only one try should do it.
https://i.imgur.com/kjfRpqc.jpg
Just flattening out the sheet now, I plan to spray some WD40 on a manifold flange that I have left over from one of my hacks and use it make a trace of the IM on the Karropak material then use snips to cut the trace out.
ALL Car Stuff ON HOLD! :(:(:(
Going in tomorrow to fix a retina detachment so im out of commission for a while. Couldn't have come at a worst time was in the process of lease returning a car, good thing a buddy is buying out the car. Looking for a replacement will have to wait too... .

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
ALL Car Stuff ON HOLD! :(:(:(
Going in tomorrow to fix a retina detachment so im out of commission for a while. Couldn't have come at a worst time was in the process of lease returning a car, good thing a buddy is buying out the car. Looking for a replacement will have to wait too... .

Hope things go well!

alexhatcher

Today, I got out of my Golf, walked around to get my laptop and lunch off the passenger side and again cursed that i forgot to hit the unlock button on my door.

i just want both doors to unlock when i stop and get out. (2dr)

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Today, I got out of my Golf, walked around to get my laptop and lunch off the passenger side and again cursed that i forgot to hit the unlock button on my door.

Ha. I know what you mean. I wonder if you can change that in Vag-Com.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!

With VCDS on Central Electric, check "Auto-unlock", it's somewhere on the long coding helper

It will unlock all doors when you remove the keys from the ignition

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
First time poster here on the forum. I did this mod a little while ago after reading about the one mlue did. Schools gonna startup again in a month, can't wait to be driving to downtown Toronto again. [emoji39]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
First time poster here on the forum. I did this mod a little while ago after reading about the one mlue did. Schools gonna startup again in a month, can't wait to be driving to downtown Toronto again. [emoji39]

Where’d you buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk6_2.5l_golf

Someone helpppppp[emoji51]:
So I just bought these headlights off of this site ( https://caautoparts.com/products/10...clear-lens-plug-n-play-pair-hl-drl-golf608-bk ) for my 2011 volkswagen golf 2.5l that supposedly only fit halogen models which is the one I have. I tried installing them onto my golf but they didnt turn on at all. Can anyone help? BTW: there is a dangling white cable that looks like it connects to something but I cant quite figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Smart Battery Charger

My Son has drained the battery twice since June leaving stuff on, now I know why all the GTI guys have to replace their batteries, .... must be a Millennial / Generation Z thing. Yesterday morning the drain was overnight and I was thinking i had to replace the battery with a new one, it was almost a boat anchor, even after half hour using my regular charger the door locks still didn't work and the alarm could barely honk. My regular 6 Amp charger was running higher amperage like the battery was shorted.

I went and got the "new" Canadian Tire Smart Charger that I bought a couple of years ago to condition the battery on the vintage Porsches during the winter and connected it up. This new charger does miracles but it did give an F01 error after the first 2 hours, indicating the battery was toast BUT after I disconnected everything and then reconnected and let it run a second time, by 11 pm last night we got a green light BUT just incase there was internal damage and the battery wouldn't hold a charge I started the car, then shut it off and let the battery sit overnight, this morning it started right up.

Here is a link to the Canadian Tire Charger I used. This Smart Charger, varies the charging voltage and amperage and it was able to recover the battery, so no replacement battery needed :thumbup:

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Someone helpppppp[emoji51]:
So I just bought these headlights off of this site ( https://caautoparts.com/products/10...clear-lens-plug-n-play-pair-hl-drl-golf608-bk ) for my 2011 volkswagen golf 2.5l that supposedly only fit halogen models which is the one I have. I tried installing them onto my golf but they didnt turn on at all. Can anyone help? BTW: there is a dangling white cable that looks like it connects to something but I cant quite figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What bulbs are you using? If you are using the stock bulbs I have seen these lights for sale elsewhere and I don't think the stock bulb works with them.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion

Thanks for this. I needed something to throw on mine temporarily. I have to go back to stage 1 and pull the intake manifold and all the other IE stuff for the smog check but didn't want to go back to completely stock until right before the test. All I needed was that little 45 degree elbow.