GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audio help please: MK6 & iphoneXR

Johnthedrummer

Hi all.
I have a 12 plate Gt TDI with the standard radio unit: I have a big old iPod hardwired into the connection in the arm rest which shows up as media in and I know there's another mini jack connection on the front of the armrest.
My question is : how do I best access the online content - podcasts, radio - and media library etc on my iPhone XR? Can it be done via the second input, bluetooth or is there another way -an adapter?
Thanks in advance for any input.
Ta.

hksturbo123

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all.
I have a 12 plate Gt TDI with the standard radio unit: I have a big old iPod hardwired into the connection in the arm rest which shows up as media in and I know there's another mini jack connection on the front of the armrest.
My question is : how do I best access the online content - podcasts, radio - and media library etc on my iPhone XR? Can it be done via the second input, bluetooth or is there another way -an adapter?
Thanks in advance for any input.
Ta.

You should be able to connect it with bluetooth. Hit media and it should play your whatever you are playing on your phone. For example, I use spotify alot while driving. Once I am connected to bluetooth all I do is hit media and it automatically starts playing through bluetooth. Its a must better and easier way them using the aux in connection or the connection in armrest.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
I would recommend bluetooth as well. VW did a pretty poor job integrating the usb system, it works, sort of, but sounds pretty bad, and isn't particularly convenient. If you're unwilling to ditch the crappy OEM head unit, I'd say bluetooth is your best option. Really though, if you don't mind a non-OEM look, a couple hundred dollars is all you need to drastically improve the functionality, and sound of the stereo.

tzd

Ready to race!
The best solution is "Griffin iTrip AUX With Autopilot Controls and Lightning Connector" and a Kenu Airframe+ to hold your phone on the A/C vent. You can find it for cheap on Ebay.

Once set up, it's just a single lightning connector plug into your iPhone and you're good to go, with AUX-IN audio that sounds better and no wireless hassle to deal with.