GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: ST XTA Coilovers

at9and3

Passed Driver's Ed
ST Coilovers XTA Coilovers
Roughly (15,000 miles)
Went over everything and front/rear shocks are still good.

Price: $800 obo + shipping -

- Latest damping technology for maximum longevity
- Reduced system friction for effective damping adjustment
- Individual lowering within the TUV -tested adjustment range
- Front and rear axle (when possible) with thread adjustment
- Galvanized coilover struts with additional coating for an optimized corrosion protection
- Complete solution with adjustable spring plate, race spring system and bumpers with dust protection
- Aluminium adjustable uni-ball top mounts (when possible)
- Scaled camber adjustment
- Externally adjustable damping

Suspension Techniques (ST) Coilovers are made by KW, the leading brand worldwide for height adjustable coilover systems. The ST coilover is identical in valving and technology as that of the KW Variant 1, only difference is the galvanized steel casing, opposed to the stainless steel casing of its "big brother" KW.

Approximate lowering Front: 0.5"-1.5", Rear: 0.5"-1.5"

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Any idea on spring rates?

Any modifications needed to the strut towers to run the camber plates?

Thanks.

at9and3

Passed Driver's Ed
Any idea on spring rates?

Any modifications needed to the strut towers to run the camber plates?

Thanks.

I remember seeing HYDE16 doing a review on these coilovers, and he mentioned that the "front receives a linear 400 lb springs with helper springs while the rear gets beefier 285lb progressive springs."

And for the camber plates, you can cut off a section of the strut tower but I just left mine as is and just took off the coilover if I needed to adjust camber.

Here's the review of the ST XTA's from HYDE16, he goes really into depth about em!

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2231718

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Great set of coilovers here, I still run mine in NJ and love them.

Thanks. Great to hear, NJ roads suck!!!

I have been debating about them since he posted and can't make up my mind. I didn't think they would go low enough but after measuring the car I think they will be perfect. Wating for some stuff to sell to get some extra cash. A downpipe also popped up for sale in the area that I am looking to buy so that is eating into my suspension budget. So many parts and don't want to upset the CFO :)

at9and3

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks. Great to hear, NJ roads suck!!!

I have been debating about them since he posted and can't make up my mind. I didn't think they would go low enough but after measuring the car I think they will be perfect. Wating for some stuff to sell to get some extra cash. A downpipe also popped up for sale in the area that I am looking to buy so that is eating into my suspension budget. So many parts and don't want to upset the CFO :)

No worries, would not want to piss of my CFO either LOL