GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New : Cullin Kin

What shall I do first?

• R Tails (If you vote this, specify which color)

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Full Tint (25%) and PlastiDip Exterior Parts Enjoi Blue (Symbols, Red Grill Stripes, Badging)

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Blue Interior Lighting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sound System Oopgrayyyyd

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Front Lip and Mud Flaps

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I vote against plastidicking anything on a new car

303GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the welcomes, and the whalecum.

@WAP Ha ha, MyFast is a little slow but it's personal and tight knit. I enjoy that about it, getting to know other GTI owners. Although, sometimes getting an answer in a timely manner can be difficult.

The mod-bug has bitten me in the past. I used to have a Ralliart, did a lot of mods, "mod-nazi" dealership, nightmare. It's extremely difficult to refrain, but I believe it to be overall beneficial.

I took my GTI to the track the other day and was doing some quarter mile runs just for the fun of it. Was running low 15's routinely, thats what that photo above is from. Anyone on this forum in Colorado?

I'm from Colorado. Completely stock your car ran low 15s huh? You take it to Bandimere? I took mine up there with my current mods and it ran 15.1. It was a pretty hot day though and tires spun like no other.

luv my dub76

Ready to race!
Bought my five weeks ago
First mod - gti license plate
Second mod -ST coils
Good luck with yours

luv my dub76

Ready to race!
I have mud flaps and I scrape the rears constantly, but they take the beating and keeps the car looking good a bit longer after a wash

Boomers

Ready to race!
I would tint 1st, same shade all the way around, it's inexpensive and drastically improves the look. Second I would unplug the soundaktor, free!

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Tint was my first mod. Makes the car look SO much better. But don't plastidip the rest IMO. Please :)

Then the R tails. Those look SO FREAKING AWESOME. I didn't do tails because I'd prefer power mods over cosmetic for that price.

303GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't understand why lights are so expensive. Heads and tails run around $500 and up. For that price you might as well get more power, but if you have the money laying around then go for it. They do look sick.

Cullin Kin

Welcome! Why not get tints and R tails?

I think thats what I'll start with. Thanks for the welcome!

I'm from Colorado. Completely stock your car ran low 15s huh? You take it to Bandimere? I took mine up there with my current mods and it ran 15.1. It was a pretty hot day though and tires spun like no other.

Awesome, another CO member! There only seems to be a few of us on any forum. Yeah, my lowest time was 15.37 with a 0.17 RT. Quarter tank of gas, removed spare tire, jack, foam, carpet, etc. One time though, I pulled up to the line, went a little far and had to reverse... Thought I took it out of reverse... Guess not lol. Didn't work out very well (RT 2.89 and 19.36, yikes). What has the dealer said about you tune and mods? Where in CO are you?

I have mud flaps and I scrape the rears constantly, but they take the beating and keeps the car looking good a bit longer after a wash

Yeah, I hear ya. With the snow and excessive use of MgCl out here, they are a must if you want to protect your paint. Plus, I think if done right, they look amazing. BTW, how did you mound them for the rear wheels? Theres no plastic wheel well inserts and the lip isn't wide enough to mount the flap...

I would tint 1st, same shade all the way around, it's inexpensive and drastically improves the look. Second I would unplug the soundaktor, free!

Yessir, thats the plan. Define soundaktor please.

Tint was my first mod. Makes the car look SO much better. But don't plastidip the rest IMO. Please :)

Then the R tails. Those look SO FREAKING AWESOME. I didn't do tails because I'd prefer power mods over cosmetic for that price.

Ha ha I probably won't plasti-dip. Tint is a must and the R Tails group buy price makes them very enticing. Voiding the warranty gives me panic attacks so I'll just have to wait lol.

I don't understand why lights are so expensive. Heads and tails run around $500 and up. For that price you might as well get more power, but if you have the money laying around then go for it. They do look sick.

They sure do look amazing. The only way to go is through the group buy.

Last edited:

303GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought mine at Larry Miller in Lakewood. They are mod friendly. The offered to do APR services on it when I bought it. Other than that dealers don't really know about tunes until you get to 3 really cause in the short amount they drive it they're no going hard. As for mods you can see I think they expect it. McDonald service area sucks. Even if it's a little out of your way I would take it to Larry Miller. Cool staff, huge building, new buildings so it spacious and comfortable. Who are you gonna have do your tune. I know a few shops around town.

Cullin Kin

I bought mine at Larry Miller in Lakewood. They are mod friendly. The offered to do APR services on it when I bought it. Other than that dealers don't really know about tunes until you get to 3 really cause in the short amount they drive it they're no going hard. As for mods you can see I think they expect it. McDonald service area sucks. Even if it's a little out of your way I would take it to Larry Miller. Cool staff, huge building, new buildings so it spacious and comfortable. Who are you gonna have do your tune. I know a few shops around town.

Right on. If I took it over to Larry Miller will the scheduled maintenance and car washes still be free for 3 years? I haven't really done much research on where to tune in Denver, just more on the tunes themselves.

303GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Right on. If I took it over to Larry Miller will the scheduled maintenance and car washes still be free for 3 years? I haven't really done much research on where to tune in Denver, just more on the tunes themselves.

As far as maintenence, yes you'll still get the 3 year 30k care free package. That's is through VW not the individual dealer. As for shops that tune in town, there is a place called Bluewater Performance that's tune APR and then there is 3Zero3 Motorsports that tune with Revo. Both shops are good but Bluewater really knows how to tune there cars. They have a few 700 hp GTI and Golf R at their shop.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

+1 on killing the Soundaktor. Best free mod there is.

clownish

just clowning around
Definitely kill the Soundaktor. With fire if necessary. :p

Really should start with some lowering springs, maybe a sway bar or two. Highly recommended to start mechanicals over cosmetics... But if you do! LED Tails first for sure!

luv my dub76

Ready to race!
Definitely kill the Soundaktor. With fire if necessary. :p

Really should start with some lowering springs, maybe a sway bar or two. Highly recommended to start mechanicals over cosmetics... But if you do! LED Tails first for sure!

Probably my next mod
To the op
Mud flaps where on the car when I bought it
Could take a picture if u want