GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I just found 2 gas stations around here that does touchless also...Mobil at the Auburn and Adams, and BP at Crooks and Auburn.

Gjergj

Ready to race!
Shelby twp, I've seen autobahn at larrys performace,. Can't miss those beautiful led tails

Sent from my htc evo

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Just a question from a new owner's perspective, where do you guys take your car for service? I haven't had one yet and I am just planning to go to where I got the car(Suburban Troy) since its minutes away from my work. I just want to know how is the service there and if they are typically upfront about stuff? What other dealership in the area do you guys had good(or bad) experiences with?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Was just at Suburban in Farmington Hills yesterday for my 10k too, LOL

I've always taken my cars there since it's the closest to me, but they just f-ed me over last year and the VW rep. didn't like my downpipe (thought I was tuned) and they voided the engine warranty on my car. Also noted it under my VIN number in VW's system too...so if I go to any dealer it pops on their screen with 4 things (chip tuning, engine modification, exhaust changed, gearset change).
Not cool
Only if something happens to the engine...then I might have issues. The rest of the warranty is intact though

Fox VW in Rochester Hills is a nice & "mod friendly" dealer
I think Thayer VW in Livonia is somewhat mod friendly too

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I went to Sub in Troy yesterday to find out more details about my NSD Tire/Wheel coverage before I set about buying new tires and the sales manager actually started talking about chipping cars(not chipped yet) and mentioned that in most cases they could not careless about chipping....though he is sales so I take it with a grain of salt.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
most cases they could not careless about chipping....though he is sales so I take it with a grain of salt.

Like you said...take that with a HUGE grain of salt

It was a VW rep. (a guy straight from VW) that was a douche and didn't like my car apparently

I had my Stage 2+ GTI with waaay more mods in there all the time and never had an issue until that d-bag showed up

So they probably don't care....but apparently a guy from VW did, lol

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hey local guys...

I might be getting rid of my GTI and some/most of my parts will be up for grabs....anyone interested?

The major thing I need to do is trade for a stock GTI grille, for mine with the red strips painted gloss black.
The grille is 100% mint condition still & the red strips were painted black by the Fischer Body in Farmington Hills...looks awesome!

Anyone interested in trading their grille for mine & maybe $20? I can throw in a black/chrome "GTI" emblem as well! :D

My grille: