GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

J.D Power 2010 Initial Quality Survey Results (not pretty)

daihard

Ready to race!
If you want boring and the perception of quality - buy an ugly toyota. If you want fun, innovation and good but not perfect quality get a VW.

Let's not turn this into a pissing contest now. I am no fan of Toyota, but they have their loyal customers for their own reasons, just like VW has us for our reasons. :)

hpowders

Ready to race!
Wassup.

Well since the 328i has won every C&D comparo it has ever been in, sounds like a pretty dumb comment to me. Grow up, D-Igor.

The 328i is simply the best entry level luxury sport sedan there is. No squeaks, no hatch rattles, real leather, thigh extenders, auto headlights, dimming mirrors, memory seats, 50%-50% balance, real Bluetooth, a better stereo, better brakes, better steering, press a button for assistance .....

Come on D-Igor. You are outclassed here. You ain't even in the same league, homie. Admit it. :lol:

Last edited:

Standard Owl

That has nothing whatsoever to do with your original claim:

FACTS:

1) The GTI's reliability is merely AVERAGE:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=64439&postcount=9

2) As far as long term dependability is concerns, VW doesn't have one single model on this J.D Power list:

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/articles/2010-Vehicle-Dependability-Study-Results/page-3

3) Per this Consumer Reports information, VW's long term reliability is the absolute WORST in the industry:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...n-wheels-new-or-used-reliability-snapshot.htm

The facts you're pointing at aren't really facts... The white dot that shows the GTI as average in terms of predicted reliability. Predicted.

The long term reliability of VW is being decided based on 02 VWs. In 02 many VWs were produced in Mexico. That period of VW is notorious for having quality control problems. Since then VW has moved production of many cars (including the Golf and Golf GTI) to Germany, and quality has increased substantially.

If you want to judge the reliabilty of my 2010 GTI based on a "predicted reliability report" and an 02 Passat, frankly you can go fuck yourself.
:dnftt:

hpowders

Ready to race!
The facts you're pointing at aren't really facts... The white dot that shows the GTI as average in terms of predicted reliability. Predicted.

The long term reliability of VW is being decided based on 02 VWs. In 02 many VWs were produced in Mexico. That period of VW is notorious for having quality control problems. Since then VW has moved production of many cars (including the Golf and Golf GTI) to Germany, and quality has increased substantially.

If you want to judge the reliabilty of my 2010 GTI based on a "predicted reliability report" and an 02 Passat, frankly you can go fuck yourself.
:dnftt:

Very classy. Spoken like a true Shakespearean.:cool:

hpowders

Ready to race!
If the GTI turns you on, imagine what a Golf R can do. Sure wish it comes to the USA.

Last edited:

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
Wassup.

The 328i is simply the best entry level luxury sport sedan there is. No squeaks, no hatch rattles, real leather, thigh extenders, auto headlights, dimming mirrors, memory seats, 50%-50% balance, real Bluetooth, a better stereo, better brakes, better steering, press a button for assistance .....

Come on D-Igor. You are outclassed here. You ain't even in the same league, homie. Admit it. :lol:

wow.. a bunch of stuff i really couldn't give a shit about. :laugh:

i'll give you one thing.. bmw's have top notch steering but youre barking up the wrong tree.. a 328i is the lowest of the totem pole in bavaria but im not gonna turn this into a pissing contest because you and i both know that.

i would rather drive the most sporty/capable version of one car rather than the most basic/entry level of another.

period.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
I didnt really read any other pages but everybody knows that C&D sucks BMW's d*ck so hard its not even funny anymore.

quarantine

Ready to race!
:

:bellyroll:
you really need to press that assistance button asap

msm00b

Ready to race!
i would rather drive the most sporty/capable version of one car rather than the most basic/entry level of another.

period.

Bazinga!

He speaks the truth. When you buy the basic/entry model of a luxury brand, you pay a shitload of money for the badge/name/bling. You otherwise get a thoroughly unimpressive car that costs way too much for the quality. Don't get me wrong, as I get older I have every intention of buying either a nice fast Audi or nice fast BMW. When I do it, though, I plan on doing it right. If you're going to waste money on an expensive car, you should at least spend the fat wads of cash necessary to purchase a true blue luxury/performance car.

Everything else is just pose.

OWLY

Passed Driver's Ed
Wassup.

Typical BMW owner...hahahaha!

Last edited:

hpowders

Ready to race!
wow.. a bunch of stuff i really couldn't give a shit about. :laugh:

i'll give you one thing.. bmw's have top notch steering but youre barking up the wrong tree.. a 328i is the lowest of the totem pole in bavaria but im not gonna turn this into a pissing contest because you and i both know that.

period.

You think a 328i manual would lose to a GTI manual in a C&D direct comparo?:confused:

By the way, I acknowledge that for what VW gives you in the GTI package, it is probably a good $5000 below it's true value. I don't know how VW does it.

Ein Heldenleben: a short heroic scene by Hpowders:

Hpowders being brought in to be shot by a Nazi firing squad, circa Winter, 1944:

The Nazi gunners march in.

The commandant: "Ready. Aim...."
Hpowders: Screaming in ecstasy: "HEIL BMW!!!!!

"Fire!!" Hpowders dies a happy man.

Last edited:

harddrivin1le1

Ready to race!
The facts you're pointing at aren't really facts...

Where are you facts?

Answer: You have NONE.

My fact's "aren't really facts?" If that's true, then J.D. Power, Consumer Reports and every other quality/reliability survey is utterly useless, as is the science of statistics.

So then, statistics and industry publications are useless and "aren't really facts," but your blind opinion is both useful and factually unimpeachable.:lol:

Last edited:

sportriderseattle

Passed Driver's Ed
Where are you facts?

Answer: You have NONE.

My fact's "aren't really facts?" If that's true, then J.D. Power, Consumer Reports and every other quality/reliability survey is utterly useless, as is the science of statistics.

So then, statistics and industry publications are useless and "aren't really facts," but your blind opinion is both useful and factually unimpeachable.:lol:

This data is not science whatsoever...it is simple "data" compiled by these companies thru random surveys...all of which is highly subjective (based on experiences and feelings --- ALL of which are OPINIONS), leaving the reader to interpret the results posted for themselves. These "opinions" do not make up a "fact" in any way. This is not to say the info from these sources is useless at all, it's just simple data that is passed on to other possible consumers of a product. I certainly would take any info from these sources with a grain of salt.

I'd suspect a good many of other readers are rather bored with your common Where are your Facts? Answer: There are NONE. You need a refresher on what "facts" actually are.