GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

80 in a 45. Time to face the music.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
zzzzzz this thread bores me with people who think getting a bad ass car at the age of 16 isn't spoiled. Face it people, it is. Whether you're privlaged for it or not. As a parent, you should worry about your child's safety more so than feeding his neediness.

I've earned the right to purchase my GTI just like many others on here. I've worked hard for it and it has paid off. I now pay nil on my car insurance because of my age and my driving record that I have built up over the years.. Had I gotten this car at 16, I GUARANTEE you at least 5 tickets, maybe some other foul play in there.

I am 23, pay roughly 80 dollars a month. I'm getting married in August and turn 25 in 2 years. My insurance rates will drop to 30 dollars a month with both of those instances for the GTI. All because my father gave me a ford contour when I turned 16

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
My 2nd car was a Nissan Truck which I turned into a lowrider. 130 hp 0-60 in like 11 seconds. I got a ticket almost every 2 weeks.Every other one I got a warning since i worked at a Pizza place and gave 90% discounts to cops. I kept going to court and kept getting PBJ. How "powerful" a car is doesnt have any bearing to how many speeding tickets you get.

Burntchicken

Ready to race!
zzzzzz this thread bores me with people who think getting a bad ass car at the age of 16 isn't spoiled. Face it people, it is. Whether you're privlaged for it or not. As a parent, you should worry about your child's safety more so than feeding his neediness.

I've earned the right to purchase my GTI just like many others on here. I've worked hard for it and it has paid off. I now pay nil on my car insurance because of my age and my driving record that I have built up over the years.. Had I gotten this car at 16, I GUARANTEE you at least 5 tickets, maybe some other foul play in there.

I am 23, pay roughly 80 dollars a month. I'm getting married in August and turn 25 in 2 years. My insurance rates will drop to 30 dollars a month with both of those instances for the GTI. All because my father gave me a ford contour when I turned 16

Well then, no one cares about your life. :)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

edman62

Passed Driver's Ed
In NJ and PA, probably, MD, if you get to court early you can usually meet with the prosecutor, just let the court security guy know you would like to see him prior to the judge hearing cases. be cool and ask him for a favor, tell him you want to plead to Obstructing traffic, you pay the fine, similar but no points. not a moving violation. in 20 yrs done it 5 times and twice for friends. once with an atty but not neccecary. the court just wants your money. give it a shot. lastly, you can hope the cop doesnt show and they will dismiss the case. good luck. also, if you can bs well, tell them your dad was a cop in the nearest big city but has long been retired. they will never check and you are golden. hate to do this shit but do you think the cops buddies and families are paying the fines and getting points. NO!

nickrp83

Passed Driver's Ed
i'm actually very thankful to have the car that I have but I worked very hard for it. I have a very strict dad that has always made me get good grades and the deal was I could pick the car I wanted if I kept up the grades and my responsibilities at home.
I'm no where near a spoiled 17 year old that gets what ever i want.
and no "daddy" wont pay my insurance i pay for it and if it were to go up id pay for that too.
He did almost sell my car I had to give him a reason not to, probably the only reason he didn't is because he would have lost money on it.
And to the comments about i could have killed someone or myself, calm down it was at 11 30 at night with no one else on the road and if im willing to take that chance then i am leave me alone about it. I'd love to take it to a track but i dont know where one is thats not hours away.
say what you will about me being to young to desserve this car, i'm thankful i have a dad with a good job and that he was willing to get me a car like this.
i rest my case.

The best part is you think you can afford the insurance after your tickets!!lol if you cant afford a GTI payment, there is NO way you will be able to afford the insurance on one after tickets. When i got mine, (and i was over 18) my insurance was close to 4k a year in CA.....(and it was a POS car too) which i worked two jobs to pay btw....how many jobs do you have??? (your daddy's job doesnt count)...

Im sorry, I'm a young guy, who has worked hard to finally get myself a nice car and a few other nice things....It really drives my wife and I CRAZY when we see a young kid in a brand new car that there is NO way they could afford. Here is another storry:

One of my jobs when going to college was afterschool daycare. one of the kids i used to whatch when i first started back in 2000 just graduate highschool this year.... i worked in a town that was pretty well off. the only reason the kid was in daycare was cause she wanted to play with her friends, her mom, super nice house wife, her dad, very hard worker that very hard, immagrated over here (leagally!! one of the only ones in CA im convined...) and started a gardening business and did REALLY well.
OK so im at home depot, getting some stuff to fix a sink, in my aprartment, which i pay for....... I see Nicole and her mom..... I start waling over and i see Nicole (the 17 year old kid) trying to park her graduation gift..... a brand new SLK 55 AMG..... she hit the curb with it, cracked the bumper, her mom laughed..... i swear i almost choked em both!!!talked to em for a bit, asked about college (UCLA), kid is smart, good grades, good kid....but not SLK 55 AMG good, no kid is that good. They got it cause her Land Rover she drove was "getting old" and was to big for her.......

Makes me SICK.....no kid is good enough in my mind to drive anything that cost more than 10 grand (and you have to be pretty damn good for that....)

OH BTW, growing up, my dad made well over 6 figures, and both parents drove nice cars, lived in a modest home, and could have easily gotten us cars, but they didnt. My brother and i both drove beaters, for years......

But hey good luck, maybe daddy will get you into a good school.... pay for it.... get you a good job.....and you can continue to ride his coat tales for the next 40 years....

msm00b

Ready to race!
I'm getting married in August and turn 25 in 2 years. My insurance rates will drop to 30 dollars a month with both of those instances for the GTI. All because my father gave me a ford contour when I turned 16

Change "fort contour" to "nissan sentra" (more than gently used) and that was me in a nutshell, and it's not because my dad's income wasn't solidly in the upper 2-3%. There are certain things in life that are character building ... that help mold your perceptions in the future. Not having your adolescent fantasies given to you on a silver platter is one of those.

Wow you guys are pretty harsh. When I was 17 I had a 2002 Mustang GT then when I was 18 I had a 2008 mazdaspeed 3, when I was 19 I had a 2006 subaru STI (which I built to 360awhp). I have had 1 speeding ticket in my life and it was for 11 over in a 50 in my mom's BMW when I was 16. I paid for them all myself btw.

As has been previously mentioned, unless your parents helped you cheat the system by you having primary insurance on a very different vehicle I'll again have to call bullshit. The insurance payment on the auto's alone is more than almost any kid can afford by themselves working the legal hour limit. You mean to tell me that on top of that ... that at 18 you could magically afford a brand new MS3 or a gently used STI at 19?

Pants on fire indeed.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
if any of you guys dont know what perico is: go to google images, search it and you will see the answer on the first page.

nickrp83

Passed Driver's Ed
Change "fort contour" to "nissan sentra" (more than gently used) and that was me in a nutshell, and it's not because my dad's income wasn't solidly in the upper 2-3%. There are certain things in life that are character building ... that help mold your perceptions in the future. Not having your adolescent fantasies given to you on a silver platter is one of those.

As has been previously mentioned, unless your parents helped you cheat the system by you having primary insurance on a very different vehicle I'll again have to call bullshit. The insurance payment on the auto's alone is more than almost any kid can afford by themselves working the legal hour limit. You mean to tell me that on top of that ... that at 18 you could magically afford a brand new MS3 or a gently used STI at 19?

Pants on fire indeed.

AGREED!! with a ticket at 16, that wouldnt fall off insurance for a few years and insurance on ANY of those care for a 16-19 year old male would be INSANE. unless you solely worked to pay for your cars there is no way. And there is ABSOLUTLY no way that you had money to blow on parts for an STI.....

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
if any of you guys dont know what perico is: go to google images, search it and you will see the answer on the first page.

Its either Cocaine or a parrot??

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
What do you think would bring in more money?