GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible new Stage 1 file from APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
No updates, just bumping to the front of the line. Any additional requests or changes to the existing list? And no, saying "That idea is dumb, who wants that?!" is not an acceptable way to say you don't like a feature request. ;)

Feature Requests

* Optional Torque management.
- Maybe an option or addition to the file, but only if specifically requested by the user at the time of the update; Otherwise maybe a way to enable/disable the feature via the mobile app for those that really want it.
* Rev Hang delete.
* 2nd/3rd and/or 3rd/4th Boost/Shifting issue
- Throttle body doesn't fully open right away, causing boost to sit at less than 3 psi after shifting, until foot is lifted and gas reapplied, or until waiting for the TB to finally open.
* Custom/Pro tune
- Not sure if this is already available or not (haven't heard about it if it is), but maybe the option to have a "pro" tune as other tuners (in other markets usually) call it. The ability to go in and get a tune specific to the mods on your car. This way someone who has multiple mods above and beyond the requirement for stage 1 / 2 can get more power (if the power is safely available). If this is something that could be made available (probably for an additional cost) I could definitely see myself being very interested.
* Additional Power
- This goes hand in hand with the custom/pro tune. If additional power can be safely squeezed out of the car, I'm sure there would be no complaints. If the turbo is maxed out, obviously no one is going to want to risk a turbo failure, but if more can be had, I'm all for it.
*E85 Tune
- This is being worked on by another tuner, and I believe there is some desire for this by APR users as well.
*DSG Throttle delay
*DSG Pedal Control

- See post #156 by DSGVW for details on that one. His quote, "For instance, us DSG folks take off from a stop and the car is just bogging along in D, zero power to be had. Move your foot 1/4 inch on the throttle and BOOM, downshift and full boost and tire slippage and hoonery ensues. This is insanity in daily driving. Sounds like APRs new tune will allow for more pedal control so you won't lose anything down low, you will just have ot push more throttle to get more throttle, the way it should be."
*Smoother power delivery, less surge from low speeds/stopped
- Post #175
*Low speed Jerkiness
- I have also noticed this quite a bit. The car is trying to catch itself from stalling at really low speeds, and seems to kind of jerk forward. Not sure if it's fixable, but wanted to mention it.
*No Lift Shifting
- Not sure what this would entail, or if it's really desired by anyone, but it seems like it would be an interesting feature to have.
*Linear Throttle Pedal
- Closer to a 1 to 1 ratio on the pedal. Push 30%, get 30%.

Stage 1 Specific

*Jerkiness
- No idea on the specifics of this, can someone explain to me? Just something I came across. (Post #36 by dcpppf)

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
bump for rev hang elimination and pedal delay in stg 1! Its a total fun killer!

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
You guys are dreaming if you think APR is going to devote any more RND to the mk6 platform for stage1 customers with the release of the mk7. How could the cost/benefit ratio ever work out for them? They arent going to sell that many more tunes on mk6 with a software update.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
You guys are dreaming if you think APR is going to devote any more RND to the mk6 platform for stage1 customers with the release of the mk7. How could the cost/benefit ratio ever work out for them? They arent going to sell that many more tunes on mk6 with a software update.

The software is already there, it'll be some tuning and coding for box codes. Also, what's learned on this platform translates to others. The EA888 is everywhere these days (including, by the way, in the mk7s).

butchered by autocorrecr

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
The software is already there, it'll be some tuning and coding for box codes. Also, what's learned on this platform translates to others. The EA888 is everywhere these days (including, by the way, in the mk7s).

butchered by autocorrecr

Yea but it is a completely different EA888 with completely different engine management.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Nothing of the sort, just that the stated comparison is not valid.

I agree that most of the features and benefits would be an easy transfer to a new tune but I also know mk7 though is logically priority right now

I was talking about the features they've developed on the mk6 platform. Those will be carried over. Software is software, aside from hardware interchange layers.

butchered by autocorrecr

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
I was talking about the features they've developed on the mk6 platform. Those will be carried over. Software is software, aside from hardware interchange layers.

butchered by autocorrecr

I understand what you are saying but I don't think it's quite that easy. That's like saying you made a program for a Windows XP desktop , just a couple changes and it will work on a windows 8 table. Keep in mind I'm pretty sure that the mk6 doesn't even have the same brand ecu as the mk7, let alone the same engine

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I understand that at some point the Mk6 will be abandoned as the Mk7 becomes the predominant model in the marketplace.
But APR made the effort to upgrade the K04 and there are more Stage1/2 owners than K04. So here's hoping they make one last effort for the Mk6 crowd before orphaning us.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I understand what you are saying but I don't think it's quite that easy. That's like saying you made a program for a Windows XP desktop , just a couple changes and it will work on a windows 8 table. Keep in mind I'm pretty sure that the mk6 doesn't even have the same brand ecu as the mk7, let alone the same engine

I think what he was referring to was that when APR was talking about updating the files, they said something to the effect that once K04 was done, Stage 1 and 2 would be substantially easier because most of the work for the update would be already done, it'd be just a matter of a little tweaking to get it to work on the 1 and 2 files.

I might be going the wrong direction with that, but that's what I gathered from what was being said there :thumbsup:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Different turbo... I think its more than just a "little tweaking."

They should just make an e85 file for us :)

I'd have to go find the quote, but I really don't want to dig through and find it :lol:

The way they worded it made it sound like it would be extremely easy to port all the changes to our tune once K04 was done, but obviously if that was the case I can't see why they couldn't have already done it :cry:

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I think what he was referring to was that when APR was talking about updating the files, they said something to the effect that once K04 was done, Stage 1 and 2 would be substantially easier because most of the work for the update would be already done, it'd be just a matter of a little tweaking to get it to work on the 1 and 2 files.

I might be going the wrong direction with that, but that's what I gathered from what was being said there :thumbsup:

Yea, that is what Arin or Sean said.

Gti207

Ready to race!
E85 Please

Status
Not open for further replies.