GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne good or bad?

jmeli24

Ready to race!
Hey guys, been talking to my local tune dealer and they only run eurodyne tunes for VW/Audi/Porsche. The guy said it's more of a custom tune and I would be able to get as much performance I would want for my TSI. Was just wondering if anyone has information on their product at all? Is it a good idea? Or should I stay with the more studied companies; APR, Revo, etc. Thanks guys.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
it's a waste for anything other than a large turbo, or something very specialized that you can't get a tune for. For stock / k04 turbos, there isn't much left on the table to require anything like that

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Cryptic is right.... I have Eurodyne custom dyno tuned but it was a must for the F23T since there wasn't any off the shelf tunes.

mrnetzley21

Ready to race!
Idk what they are talking about. I have eurodyne and i love it. I had apr and i fucking hated it with a passion. On my defense my car has the franken turbo and i dont have the eurodyne flash i have the custom file but the car runs awesome.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, been talking to my local tune dealer and they only run eurodyne tunes for VW/Audi/Porsche. The guy said it's more of a custom tune and I would be able to get as much performance I would want for my TSI. Was just wondering if anyone has information on their product at all? Is it a good idea? Or should I stay with the more studied companies; APR, Revo, etc. Thanks guys.

Are you going the big turbo kit way?

jmeli24

Ready to race!
Are you going the big turbo kit way?

No, I was looking to keep my turbo as is and just add a intake and be done with mods for a while.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
It's sorta a little of both.

Sorta what you want to make of it. If you want something that just goes go with an off the shelf tune that has been tested over and over again. APR, Uninitronic, GIAC have spent countless hours tweaking their tunes to work on all cars with various mods. There is no guess work. You get flashed, you get power, you drive.

With Eurodyne yes there is a library of tunes available especially basic ones. But what Eurodyne is about is about the tune being set for your individual vehicle. Not every car is the same even with the same bolt ons. The main companies have to make sure that their tunes run right in the middle to accommodate unknown variables. With Eurodyne you can have the tune set to run with what you have.

It is not for everyone. Some people like to tinker, some don't. You'll see a lot of F23 guys like myself with it since there was limited testing on the turbo and we basically make the library of tunes for it. Same with the BT guys. Eurodyne is awesome if you want to be a little out of the circle. You can push the limits of what you have if you choose to. You have more options if you want to be different.

Most of the population will not need it but some like having options. If you have a local tuner who is a vendor and has support it could be a great option for you.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Like was said...what are your future plans with the car? If you are just going to do stage 1,2 or ko4 stick with APR, GIAC or Uni or even DM or Revo. I don't like Revo and DM is too new for me to make any thoughtful recommendation for them.

If you planning on going big turbo...APR has their kits but they are what they are, Uni will tune up to GTX 30 or equivalent. You may be able to get GIAC to tune a BT setup. They do a few of ROW BT cars but I couldn't get them to commit to tuning a BT for me.

jmeli24

Ready to race!
Like was said...what are your future plans with the car? If you are just going to do stage 1,2 or ko4 stick with APR, GIAC or Uni or even DM or Revo. I don't like Revo and DM is too new for me to make any thoughtful recommendation for them.

If you planning on going big turbo...APR has their kits but they are what they are, Uni will tune up to GTX 30 or equivalent. You may be able to get GIAC to tune a BT setup. They do a few of ROW BT cars but I couldn't get them to commit to tuning a BT for me.

Like I said, no bt or ko4, just stage 1 tune. Seems to me I'm gonna have to go with the "OG's" so to speak, just sucks cause I wanted to catch that revo sale but the 2 only closest dealers to me which are almost 2 hours away haven't got back to me yet.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
I just had my k04 installed on my '13 GTI, and tuned it with Eurodyne. Seems like it's making more power than the APR equivalent, and it's UNBELIEVABLY smooth. I can drive in D, S, or M with no issues without a DSG tune and I don't see any drivability issues that are sometimes seen with APR. I came from
an APR stage 1. If the awesome drive-ability of K04 with Eurodyne is any guide, I would assume any stage with them is a great option.

EDIT: This is NOT a "custom" maestro tune. It is Eurodyne's k04 map.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Like I said, no bt or ko4, just stage 1 tune. Seems to me I'm gonna have to go with the "OG's" so to speak, just sucks cause I wanted to catch that revo sale but the 2 only closest dealers to me which are almost 2 hours away haven't got back to me yet.

I would avoid Revo at all costs but thats just me Revo tune would be my last choice

jmeli24

Ready to race!
I would avoid Revo at all costs but thats just me Revo tune would be my last choice

Why is revo your last choice? I haven't read anything negative about them.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Why is revo your last choice? I haven't read anything negative about them.

I had Revo before my F23T and the tune was ok but the customer service was where things went down hill