GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reverse Camera (Blue Screen on Display Unit)

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Tonite I'm gonna check the harness over there and take picture. As you said that there is signal at first then it gets lost.

And also I have had an appointment from the VW dealer on Wed. They can connect and check for the fault code.

Why don't you buy an OBDII wireless dongle from eBay ($10 or less), Bluetooth version if you have an android phone or wifi version if you have an iPhone and then buy the carista app or even use one of the free ones and then check for fault codes yourself for free! Stuff paying VW for a simple job like that! Carista allows you to make adaptations to your cecm as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibozum

Passed Driver's Ed
Why don't you buy an OBDII wireless dongle from eBay ($10 or less), Bluetooth version if you have an android phone or wifi version if you have an iPhone and then buy the carista app or even use one of the free ones and then check for fault codes yourself for free! Stuff paying VW for a simple job like that! Carista allows you to make adaptations to your cecm as well.

Actually I had a VCDS but I have lost it and just ordered new one. So now I'm waiting for shipping and it will take 20-30 days. (of course it is from China)

And it didn't know wireless OBDII for compatible with Android phone, I will check and maybe order one like you suggested.

I opened the hatch plastic and also the corner for any visible problem, damage, rust, broken, etc. but I haven't seen anything, everything seems ok for psychically. I think the problem is on software, instead of hardware. :(

I really appreciated your answers.

ibozum

Passed Driver's Ed
When I shift the gear R, it shows 5-10 sec, then the screen is like the below;

[/url][/IMG]

Everytime when the camera starts, it is normal but after then blue screen error appears. :(

ibozum

Passed Driver's Ed
Still have problem with the camera. I have checked the cables and havent seen any connection problem.

And also checked the fault codes but there is no fault on the rear camera.

Here is a video what exactly my problem is. If you have any advice, I will appreciate you.

https://youtu.be/ruBcf8G01ic

- It starts with no problem for 10 seconds.
- Then it turns all blue screen (I think it gets lost video signal)
- It will keep blue till the emblem pops down.
- If the emblem pops down and up, it starts to show again for around 10 seconds then same porblem.

Waiting all friends suggestions.

Last edited:

ibozum

Passed Driver's Ed
An uptade for my problem.

I have fixed it. The problem was on the cable that connected the camera. I dissembled the all emblem, reached the camera. Some of the pins seemed broken.
Fixed the pins, then sealed with silicone and tape.

Now it works proper. If somebody needs more detail or help just let me know.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
An uptade for my problem.

I have fixed it. The problem was on the cable that connected the camera. I dissembled the all emblem, reached the camera. Some of the pins seemed broken.
Fixed the pins, then sealed with silicone and tape.

Now it works proper. If somebody needs more detail or help just let me know.

Glad you fixed it, Good job! [emoji106]

ibozum

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad you fixed it, Good job! [emoji106]

Thank you. It was really pain in the neck. I checked all the harness as you advised, nothing was wrong. Also VCDS didn't show any error code.

However, it was happy end. Now it seems good.