GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
I read the 187A had half the RAM of the B and early B units sold on aliexpress were just A units with new RAM soldered onto the board. Be nice if someone could confirm that.

As to my own question, it fixed the volume bug which was so annoying - volume doesn't reset when you change track in android auto or just bluetooth player on the head unit now.

Yeah, the RAM part is true but it should still be enough for the most part.

I never had that bug on my previous firmware.

GEN3GLI

Hi, Guys

I've recently received and installed my RCD330 Plus 187B in my 2013.5 VW MK6 GLI to replace my RNS315. After installing the unit, unplugging/replugging the battery everything is working great with my Fender audio system!! Also, I have coded the unit using VCDS to activate rear view camera which seemed to work as I am now getting the "Rear view camera not available" error. Now, I am trying to install the rear view camera using the RGB to RCA Video Output Converter from CarSolutions:

https://car-solutions.com/en/oem-camera-connection-adapter-for-volkswagen.php

I was able to connect the RCA output and factory camera input cable but I am unsure what I need to do with the: Gnd, Battery+ and Back cable

Do I just need to tap these wires into the corresponding wires on the big harness using the RCD330's pinout graph?

Thanks!

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, that's the one. I do indeed, i upgraded to AA with firmware via USB.

I've just ordered this one also. Will probably arrive after the new year. I'm also going to update it to Android Auto using the wetransfer link you posted, hopefully i dont get the 'variant conflict' error you mentioned! Will post back after.

LaRayes

Hi, Guys

I've recently received and installed my RCD330 Plus 187B in my 2013.5 VW MK6 GLI to replace my RNS315. After installing the unit, unplugging/replugging the battery everything is working great with my Fender audio system!! Also, I have coded the unit using VCDS to activate rear view camera which seemed to work as I am now getting the "Rear view camera not available" error. Now, I am trying to install the rear view camera using the RGB to RCA Video Output Converter from CarSolutions:

https://car-solutions.com/en/oem-camera-connection-adapter-for-volkswagen.php

I was able to connect the RCA output and factory camera input cable but I am unsure what I need to do with the: Gnd, Battery+ and Back cable

Do I just need to tap these wires into the corresponding wires on the big harness using the RCD330's pinout graph?

Thanks!

Yes that’s exactly what you need to do (tap into the corresponding wires on the harness). However if I remember correctly the yellow wire (camera) did not need to be connected (powered) if you have an oem camera already in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaRayes

I'm getting the 'variant conflict' error when trying to update the firmware.

I got the variant conflict error. Will try another usb stick. Appreciate any info on how to get this fixed

banananz

Hi all, I bought a new HU after reading this thread from AliExpress. Ordered the no name version with hopes to upgrade to AA.

I received the HU and checked, all seem fine on the outside, HW 534 SW 5314 but in the settings of the unit I found this:

I cannot find anything online about this unit, HW 541 SW 5406. Anyone had any experience with this? I am reluctant to try updating the software posted above. Thanks

gokturks

Banned
Okay, So I can confirm that the firmware posted above works perfectly and adds Android Auto on the RCD330 plus (No Name Version)

The whole process takes about 2-3 mins.

Instructions to install this are

1. Download and put on to a USB stick
2. Plug into the head unit, turn on and hold the setup button for 5 secs
3. Select software update and pick the file on the USB
4. Wait. Mine hung for about a min at 5% then on 40% for about 15-30secs.
5. Head unit will reboot. Done

For anyone that has issues, try another USB stick.
Also make sure you have the no name version not the Desay version. I don't believe there is any update for the Desay versions (maybe in the future).

My hardware version was 534
and software version was 5314

There are 4 languages included. For me english is enough.

To the poster above. Greek is not included on this firmware version.

Hi when you update android auto bluetooth is c180 or c210 on this fw ? Because bluetooth c210 have siri volume control to.Thanks

GEN3GLI

Yes that’s exactly what you need to do (tap into the corresponding wires on the harness). However if I remember correctly the yellow wire (camera) did not need to be connected (powered) if you have an oem camera already in the car.

Hi, LaRayes

I was finally able to hook it up using your suggestion and it works! Their is no delay issue, it goes straight to camera and stays there until I disengage reverse! Now I am having another issue where the image is very dark, it is only showing in black and white even after playing with all the different brightness and colour settings when in reverse. So since this is an image issue would you think this would be an issue with the RGB to RCA converter or possibly the camera adapter provided with the rcd330? Or could it be that I need a power filter rectifier?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

gokturks

Banned
Hi, LaRayes

I was finally able to hook it up using your suggestion and it works! Their is no delay issue, it goes straight to camera and stays there until I disengage reverse! Now I am having another issue where the image is very dark, it is only showing in black and white even after playing with all the different brightness and colour settings when in reverse. So since this is an image issue would you think this would be an issue with the RGB to RCA converter or possibly the camera adapter provided with the rcd330? Or could it be that I need a power filter rectifier?

This is oem camera or after market ?

LaRayes

Hi, LaRayes

I’m going to guess and say that it’s a converter issue since you are getting an image. I have had to change converters for my camera to work so I think some of the converters are hit and miss.

LaRayes

I got the variant conflict error. Will try another usb stick. Appreciate any info on how to get this fixed

Still getting variant conflict error using another usb stick. Does it make any difference if you use a Mac or pc to transfer the file on the usb? Any help would be great.