GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 MK7 vs Stage 2 MK6

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
I have apr stage 2 mk6 gti . Raced both apr stage 2 mk7 gti (DSG)....and uni stage 1 mk7 gti (6spd)...lost to both . For some reason the uni mk7 stage 1 manual had more pull . Is gearing better in the manuals ...all I know it I'm depressed asf..

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Once I get my ko4 setup running proper I wanna go IS38 hunting. I believe with a proper pro-tune, E30 and/or meth, I would put money on the ko4 being neck and neck.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Once I get my ko4 setup running proper I wanna go IS38 hunting. I believe with a proper pro-tune, E30 and/or meth, I would put money on the ko4 being neck and neck.

Tell me how it goes .. I'm fully convinced now that mk7s are way faster than us . We have to be not 1 but 2 steps ahead to get the advantage

riceburner

Autocross Champion

I have my doubts... Is38 I think would have an advantage at that point. But don't let that stop you from trying and posting vids!!!

Prescription_Bandit

Passed Driver's Ed
I ran my buddies maunal Mk7 after he got the Uni Stage 1+ against my Stage 2 MK6 DSG from a 40 mph roll. It was a crappy line-up, but I pulled at least a car length on him.

40Roller

Yes, the turbo is not the same. That's the main reason for Mk7 having more HP. I'm not sure about the engine, but it is a newer generation as well, so I'm sure there are some changes. I'm not sure if any of those differences are performance oriented.
Stock MK7 GTI's are definitely underwhelming. Didn't feel any faster than my stock MK6 MT. I was expecting a lot more from several test drives, both MT & DSG. But K04>IS38 any day! GTX is another animal...

jtmu6982

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got a Stage 2 MK6, someone race me in their MK7....:ROFLMAO: