GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Front Brake Conversion For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I personally have a Golf R set to arrive by May 1 and I'm ordering a Brembo BBK so I will no longer need the factory brakes. I plan on installing the brakes with in a day or so if getting the car so I will be able to ship out my stock Golf R brakes (calipers, pads, rotors, lines) as soon as possible. The asking price is $1500 plus shipping. Shipping is $60-$100 to almost anywhere in the US and Canada. I can ship overseas as well and will quote on a case by case basis.

I accept paypal cash and wire transfer. Pick up is available. I will accept a 25% deposit to lock in the sale before the car gets here.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
R20 blacks or R32 blues? Also, I think you may want to research that price a little bit more.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
As the description states I have a Golf R that is due to arrive May 1st. It is not an R32... As for the color of the calipers the car is not here yet so I am not sure but all the US Spec ones I have come through the shop so far have all been black in color with the R Logo... $1500 is the asking price and is negotiable.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
OK, thank you for clarifying. To further clarify for any potential buyers, these are the same exact brakes as the R32 gen brakes, just in a different color and with a caliper cover.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
Roger that. Thought they looked familiar :)

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
For good measure I will also throw in 2 free bottles of Motul Brake Fluid which should be enough to flush your entire system and if purchased at $1500 I will also toss in set of stainless steel brake lines.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Its heavier, but not necessarily "too heavy" - lots of MK5's have done this conversion.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
Sorry not interested after checking, this is the price new at the dealership..

Also after some research, I found out that this system is too heavy for the GTI.

Price is negotiable, I haven't checked to see what the price is through the dealership but if its the same price then just like the thread states price is negotiable.

The kit is heavier than the factory braking system just like any other brake upgrade kit via Brembo or Stop Tech ECS etc....

The idea is that even though you are adding weight albeit minor you will drastically improve braking distance and its a far superior in thermal capacity than the factory GTI brakes.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
The kit is also for the front only.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The kit is heavier than the factory braking system just like any other brake upgrade kit via Brembo or Stop Tech ECS etc....

You may want to check your "facts" on that one. My stoptech kit with 2pc rotors is way lighter than the stock (iron?) rotors and calipers, so that's way off. ECS kits may be made in China for all we know, but Brembo and Stoptech kits should be lighter than stock.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
You may want to check your "facts" on that one. My stoptech kit with 2pc rotors is way lighter than the stock (iron?) rotors and calipers, so that's way off. ECS kits may be made in China for all we know, but Brembo and Stoptech kits should be lighter than stock.

Anyone have a picture of a stock caliper on a scale? I'm putting the 4 pot Brembo I have on display on our scale here right now so we can get to the bottom of this even though the point I was trying to make was that even though the R brakes are heavier than the GTI brakes the braking performance gained in all categories out weighs loss in performance from the additional weight. By all means Brembo and Stop Tech are far superior than the factory R brakes which is why I am upgrading to Brembo's but these R brakes are for someone who wants bigger brakes on a budget.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
OK, but your weight comment re: Brembo and Stoptech was incorrect, esp if a kit has the 2pc rotors, and most of the aftermarket calipers are much lighter than OEM GTI and R calipers. I do agree though, the R kit is a great OEM+ value upgrade for a GTI, regardless of the weight of it.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
Definitely agree. There are several cases where some BBK's are lighter all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.