GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leftover New 2013 VW GTI Drivers Ed Auto

dmaic

Hello all, this is my first post on this forum although I have been an auto enthusiast for many many years. I am looking at two left over 2013 GTI driver edition sedans that are at my local VW dealership. I have a VW partnership pricing certificate (invoice less $500) but I have learned in the past that a better deal can sometimes be negoiated without this. I wasnt really looking for a new car but I am ready to trade. Is it common for these models to be left over? I would imagine that an almost two model year old car would be highly incentivized in order to get the car moved and off the lot. With a MSRP of a little over 31k, does anyone know what invoice is approximately or has anyone purchased a 2013 lately who could chime in with an idea on a sale price? I have a bit of negative equity in my car I hope to trade so I thought finding a left over 2013 where the discounting would be much deeper could maybe help me absorb a bit of it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Appogee

Ready to race!
This close to the newer models and at a price like that, you should go for a Performance Pack GTI MK7. That is if you can wait. In my opinion it'd be worth the wait down the line and with the mods.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Mk7 GTIs are coming late May/early June. As soon as you buy that Mk6, it will doubly depreciate.

I would wait.

Plinyyounger

Ready to race!
I have bought a 2013 recently and received over $5500 off sticker. The new version mk7 is nice, but the 2013 is a fantastic car which you can grab at a great deal!

SWFan

Passed Driver's Ed
Just two weeks ago I bought a new 2013 DE for $5,000 off MSRP. And I didn't even negotiate that price, that is where the dealer started the negotiation from. I didn't even bother nitpicking for more money since I was only expecting maybe $4K off. Also, I wasn't sure if it was common practice or not, but they installed the OEM mudflaps, included a brand new emergency kit, included the velco movable storage holders, two cargo nets, and included OEM all-weather rubber GTI mats and the carpeted GTI mats. Any other car I've purchased those were all add-ons for extra $'s.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Just two weeks ago I bought a new 2013 DE for $5,000 off MSRP. And I didn't even negotiate that price, that is where the dealer started the negotiation from. I didn't even bother nitpicking for more money since I was only expecting maybe $4K off. Also, I wasn't sure if it was common practice or not, but they installed the OEM mudflaps, included a brand new emergency kit, included the velco movable storage holders, two cargo nets, and included OEM all-weather rubber GTI mats and the carpeted GTI mats. Any other car I've purchased those were all add-ons for extra $'s.

I guess with the MK7 coming out within a month or two, they are trying to get rid of all the bits and pieces to the current MK6s. I saw a Wolfsburg with leather seats few months back.
To OP, if I were you I wold wait for the MK7. Many things have improved and the car you're buying now(MK6) is actually almost 5 years old. It still looks good, but compare to MK7... dat LSD, dat refine interior..... I would wait.

Appogee

Ready to race!
Don't forget it that the MK7 gets better mileage and more POWERRRRRR specially after tune.

Stinger

Ready to race!
This guys doesn't sound like he wants to pay premium on the newest toy but instead wants a steep rebate on yesterday's newest toy. It makes sense and as others have already said, you should be able to get some serious discount on Mk6's... gl!

Miyamaryu

Just purchase last night a 2014 GTI wolfburg edition candy white DSG fro 22.5k and that same delaer there was a 2013 GTI black drivers edition been offer fro 27.8k. Hope this help.