GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best reverse camera to pair with the RCD330 plus

Zach0918

Ready to race!
I don’t want to drop 500+ on the OEM reverse camera but I don’t wanna install junk. I was hoping to get something that would show the guide lines on my RCD330 plus. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Zach0918

Ready to race!
Any one of the aftermarket cameras are similar. I got this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Check aliExpress for some that say they include the lines, but they won't "bend" with steering.

If you do end up OEM, you'll need an adapter for the 26pin cable.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I had a couple questions about the one you bought...

1. How has it held up, is the overall qualoty decent?
2. Does that one have that one have the the straight (non bending) lines?
3. Do I need an adapter to connect it to the RCD330 plus or is that just OEM?
4. Is the only way to get the “bending” lines through OEM?

Thanks again

redubbed

Ready to race!
I don’t have it yet, it’s on the way. You’ll need an adapter for the RCD330 for the above camera. Not sure on the lines either way

The Yetti

Ready to race!
Sorry for reviving this thread but I was curious to see if any one had updates on their flipping camera or suggestions for one that works with the RCD330?

I wanted to get one installed in the next few weeks so just began my research!

flight1us

Ready to race!
Bump...

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
I'd honestly imagine any of the aftermarket cams would be better than the OEM VW cams.

I say this because I did a full OEM retrofit on my last GTI and my current Sportwagen and the quality is far worse than the aftermarket cams I've put in my Jeeps.

Also, the camera on my brand new 2019 Tiguan doesnt have the same quality that a $50 aftermarket backup cam on my Jeep has. I don't get it.

The Yetti

Ready to race!
I'd honestly imagine any of the aftermarket cams would be better than the OEM VW cams.

I say this because I did a full OEM retrofit on my last GTI and my current Sportwagen and the quality is far worse than the aftermarket cams I've put in my Jeeps.

Also, the camera on my brand new 2019 Tiguan doesnt have the same quality that a $50 aftermarket backup cam on my Jeep has. I don't get it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!