GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need New Trans ..friend screwed it up

McQueen77

Banned

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
as far as the ODIS thing...i was only going off what i was told and was only off by a month or 2 big deal...

You should stop regurgitating the random things you've heard because you sound like an idiot when you have no idea what you're talking about.

You should stop regurgitating the random things you've heard because you sound like an idiot when you have no idea what you're talking about.

well we all have to learn sometime...thanks for being a giant dick about it.

As far as banging his wife, making him watch, making her do all those facial expressions and all that awesomeness. ...he has no wife but just recently got a new gf so that would be fun...shes alright looking so it wouldnt be painful.

But by far the best suggestion I havent thought of yet would be the insurance deductible suggestion. But my deductible would prob be $1000 or something ridiculous...right now.

So he ordered the 5th gear synchro from ATP and plans on doing it himself. I told him I didnt feel comfortable with that. But he insisted, turns out he went to automotive school and what not. But I still didnt like the idea but O well. I asked him what his back up plan was if he couldnt fix it or realized he couldnt. he said buy a used one.

Well now the current plan is my favorite and might benefit everyone. He bought a used trans with 25k on it from Cali. When we pull mine we are just going to swap that one in and he is going to keep mine and rebuild it at his leisure and then resell it and possibly turn a profit.

ncampos976

Ready to race!
I don't know why they would connect to a scan tool for a mechanical failure. I have had plenty of cars come through with cracked cyncros. I never question it because I have seen it so many times. On stock tdi jetta's or a gti. It's a very simple job. Send it to me and I'll fix it.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
he thinks VW just started figuring out chipped cars (TD1) a month ago when ODIS was released.

No part of anything he said is right, not even the release of ODIS
this. Didn't the TD1 thing start like 1-2 years ago?

And OP - they were scanning cars with blue tooth at least since I got my GTI in the summer of 2011.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
ODIS

ODIS

who the Fuck is ODIS?

this. Didn't the TD1 thing start like 1-2 years ago?

And OP - they were scanning cars with blue tooth at least since I got my GTI in the summer of 2011.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Well I just give up trying to be helpful...I dont know shit apparently. That means that basically 100% of everything they told me at that dealer was just a lie....unbelievable.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Just pointing out that they were automatically checking for tunes years ago, so it's nothing new to have people begin to worry about.

L0WCLASS

Ready to race!
Let my friend drive me car at h20...BIG MISTAKE. Thought he was speed racer and blames it on the short shifter...W.E. Now he has to pay to fix. I grind 5th gear every time I go in now. He grinded the shit out of it coming from 2nd and attempting to go into 3rd. He has GTI also but stock shifter so i thought it would be safe to let him drive...nope.

Brought it to VW dealer to try and get 5th gear synchro replaced under drivetrain warranty since I only have 47,567miles on it. At first the guy was like sure bad synchro will be covered under manufature warranty. Should cost you $0 if that is indeed the problem. He then went out and looked my car over and asked if it was chipped and before i answered he said "we need to know bc if it is and we connect to do something it could fry your ECM if we dont know about it...we had a guy in an R come in that didnt tell us and it happen to"...w.e. dont know if its a valid story or not but my flash has nothing to do with a bad synchro so I just told him yes bc I felt I had no reason to worry about being flashed bc its not the direct cause of any failures. So the tech goes and drives it and comes back and goes yup could be just a synchro but he thinks he heard some other stuff goin on in there so it might need a new tranny but that would still be covered. Then he told me they needed my permission to start breaking it all done to diagnose if it was gunna be from abuse or not...thats when i knew i was screwed...someone had told me that they often now a days just swap the whole trans instead of trying to do a whole rebuild...not the case here. The guy then went and talk to his manager and came back and told me something very disturbing. BE WARE

If you have even a stage 1 modification tune of ANY kind. 2.5months ago VW of america came out with this new computer system called Odis. ..FUCK ODIS!(Basically even if they got all the way to the part and saw that it was a regular failure...they would attempt to process the warranty claim and Odis would instantly flag and deny it and i would be stuck with the bill..all bc im simply tuned)

It basically flags and logs every VW thats comes in that has modifications done making it no longer safe to do modding before warranty is up...IF you want repairs done under warranty(Doesnt flag you if your there for a simple oil change or something). BASICALLY...If you bought a GTI today. Went and had it chipped tomorrow. Then came back to the dealer in a week and said my A/C went out..or my interior trim is faded and needs to be replaced or anything like that. They have to do "repairs" so they have to connect to Odis...they used to do just VAG com...no more..now whenever repairs are done..Odis is connected via bluetooth and connected to VW of america servers of some BS like that he was explaining. Anyway when they connect to Odis and you are flashed with any tune...your car is instantly flagged and uploaded to VW of america as having a tune and then all warranty claims are instantly rejected. I literally just walked back into work from a dealer telling me this. IT IS NO LONGER SAFE TO GET FLASHED BY ANYBODY....IF you still want warranty claims to be valid..I THINK THIS IS COMPLETE BS!!!! Before it had to be proven that a mod was the direct cause of a failure...well apparently not anymore. Looks like my friend is gunna have to pay big money unfortunately for him. So back to my original question...anybody have used trans for sale? Trans Code KZS.

way to scare your customers away vw... if this is true.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Not entirely true. They can't deny a warranty claim for something like trim because you're tuned. Mod has to be related to the item for them to reject it. There are laws they still have to follow. Btw, I don't think the dealer ever warranties clutches anyway. They would point to that as being a wear item long before they would consider replacing under warranty, tune or not.

sboskov

Ready to race!
My dealer was trying to tell me a similar thing. He broke it down to the point of saying, "if you come in with an exhaust, we have to report that you have mods..." I just snickered and left. They literally just lost a customer for life. I rather drive three hours and pay more for a car than deal with them again. That's just me. I rather they say something reasonable and acceptable such as, If you have an exhaust and your o2 sensor goes bad chances are it won't be covered... Something related to it. But it's whatever. Don't try to just bs me with something like that, be honest and straight forward. Just say, we are not tune friendly, if somehhing goes it's on you, not a whole thing on having to report my mods and taking my warranty away ...

It costs to play...

In the end, if you wait your warranty out, get a tune and your tranny goes, it would have gone back then either. At least now you could try finding a tune friendly dealer to deal with your warranty claims, but it would def help if you had them do all of the work on the car, but then again that's going to be a pretty penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey24

Ready to race!
There was something I was reading in the paper about federal warranty laws or state or some crap. Like someone else mentioned they have to prove it was the cause. Basic bolt ons do not void warranty. Intake exhaust and I believe tune was on there also but not 100 percent. There just dicking u around. But regardless crappy situation sucks big time