GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L IE Stage 1 (Video)

Brehnan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEmHPNPk31E

Currently supporting Integrated Engineering's Stage 1, USP Cold Air Intake, Eurojet 3" GTI Cat-back w/ Magnaflow Mid-res.

Thinking of going to stage 2 with the intake manifold + stage 2 tune. It'll take it from 185/190(ish) to 218 hp. Anybody have thoughts?

https://www.performancebyie.com/integrated-engineering-2-5l-5-cylinder-intake-manifold

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
To be honest the stage 2 is for if you want to spend a lot time high in the RPM range, like on a track where you do lap after lap.
For the unprictable canyon driving you do you maybe better off with the tune you already have that has a nice big bump down low in the working range.

just saying.

Brehnan

To be honest the stage 2 is for if you want to spend a lot time high in the RPM range, like on a track where you do lap after lap.
For the unprictable canyon driving you do you maybe better off with the tune you already have that has a nice big bump down low in the working range.

just saying.

I'm gonna have to disagree with that. A 48.2 WHP increase from stock is going to be very noticeable in my opinion. Most my driving right now is in manual mode riding those high RPM's. I was kinda looking for somebody who had the Stage 2 to respond. Nobody's gonna take a 2.5L to a track cmon. I'm pushing 185 with Stage 1. I'm going through with Stage 2, so I'll let you know how it is ;) the charts are so much more linear and it will pull past 5K. there's no way you can think that a tune pushing + 28 more hp is not worth it I'm sorry dude.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I'm gonna have to disagree with that. A 48.2 WHP increase from stock is going to be very noticeable in my opinion. Most my driving right now is in manual mode riding those high RPM's. I was kinda looking for somebody who had the Stage 2 to respond. Nobody's gonna take a 2.5L to a track cmon. I'm pushing 185 with Stage 1. I'm going through with Stage 2, so I'll let you know how it is ;) the charts are so much more linear and it will pull past 5K. there's no way you can think that a tune pushing + 28 more hp is not worth it I'm sorry dude.
No problem, but I suspect your automatic will not allow you to rev high enough to make close to that HP.

Brehnan

No problem, but I suspect your automatic will not allow you to rev high enough to make close to that HP.
Totally agreed, there results were dyno'd on a manual transmission, but I hear it's still a noticeable increase. I'm just trying to to push a higher number than I am now without dropping $4K on a turbo kit. Maybe one day......

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
Nice! I'm pretty much at the same build: UM tune, APR intake, AWE exhaust. I wasn't planning on the manifold since I'm 6AT and I've read the gains are only up top. I'd love to hear feedback if you do it.

cubeofsoup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEmHPNPk31E

Currently supporting Integrated Engineering's Stage 1, USP Cold Air Intake, Eurojet 3" GTI Cat-back w/ Magnaflow Mid-res.

Thinking of going to stage 2 with the intake manifold + stage 2 tune. It'll take it from 185/190(ish) to 218 hp. Anybody have thoughts?

Did you do the exhaust install yourself? If so, what was the process like?